Leftover Curry Sauce- How Long Will It Last?

baj25

Quiet lunch time in work so was pondering what to have for tea. Fancy doing a biriani and remembered I've got a tray of curry sauce in the fridge left from a takeaway last friday, so 5 days old now. It's just a bog standard onion/tomato gravy, not a creamy one. Wonder if it will be OK to stick on my biriani... As a TOG, I routinely ignore sell by dates, but this hasn't got one on to ignore! Brian

Guest Chutney

Depends if there's meat in it and what type. Also:

A. Curry masks funny tastes

B. It was a takeaway so it would be a shame to waste

C.curry makes you piss out of your arse anyway.

The above all points to dig in. However I cannot and will not be held responsible for anything, ever! Not even myself.

Guest Alex Spratt

Curry makes you piss out of your arse anyway.

PMSL :D

i wouldn't eat it if was from a curry house, you don't no if the curry house thought 'i hope this is ok, it's five days old already'!!!

if you do eat, enjoy!!

Some fine replies chaps! Well I went for it, and mighty fine it was too. It was just a sauce/gravy without any meat, no way would I have had it with meat in. And, so far so good... Will keep you posted! Bri

Well what a delighted thread - After actually catching food poisoning last week and spending the best part of 4 days on the great white telephone to god I'm a bit cautious....... Glad you enjoyed it :bad:

Well what a delighted thread - After actually catching food poisoning last week and spending the best part of 4 days on the great white telephone to god I'm a bit cautious....... Glad you enjoyed it :bad:

Been there done that, till you have had it you dont appreciate how bad it is!

Guest mower man

I.m told by a retired Selous Scout [ rhodesian sas] that solong as it isn't green ,baboon meat in curry marinade is ok and good for you for up to 3 weeks, he's alive and very healthy 76 years old and his "mild " curries are fearsome, don't know where he sourceshis baboon meat though ,can any one help regards mower man Btw +p+ eaquals 2 h/fulls plus a bit he works at +p++++ levels!!! :bad: 8P :crazy: