Where Did These Come From?

Robbie 2B

Guest Russler

It looks different to the one I have on my 2b, but there were two vinyl strips which are to put between the hood frame supports to hold their position when the hood is fitted. I am afraid I don't recognise any of the other parts in comparison to my own

Guest ian luxford

i have those in my cupboard kept meaning to get them out and take a pic to ask what they are for as well!

my kit is an exmo if that helps anyone and the door shape pieces are half vinyl half white plastic the guy i brought it from said it was something to do with the doors but no matter how i offered it up i couldnt work out wher or how they went

Guest ian luxford

i dont know about that as i dont have a hood! i wouldnt of thought so though because of the way they are made of 2 seperate type of materials and arent particulary smooth

Guest Bazwaz

On my exmo there is a bar that goes across the back of the seats. The long bit of vinyl looks like the storage bag (for maps etc) that slides onto the bar before you fit it. It was a bit primitive looking so i never fitted mine.

Barry.

Guest Fred2b

Don't know if the Exmo is the same but on my 2B there are two vinyl strips attached between the two frame parts . When it's on they help support the roof to stop it sagging.

Fred :p

The stainless goes down the front of the screen to give something to screw the lift off hinges to.

There should be a strip of titanfast to go over the top of the sidescreen to cover the edge of the perspex..

The material strips are to hold the screens closed. A lot of builders only used one per side.

On this age of kit the bottom of the door was hood material on the outside and inside sandwiching a bit of ply to keep the door flat.

The front of the door had a strip of steel built in that was bent to suit the curve of the scuttle. (up to this point the right and left hand side are the same)

The sidescreens are fitted and the excess perspex cut off to suit the opening in the hood.

I will try to take some pics and post them.

Ian

Forgot to add that the perspex is protected by peel off white plastic sheets, as this style of hood stopped production in 97 this might take some peeling off.
Warm it with a hair dryer as you peel it off. This also works for the stuff stuck to the stainless panels if it proves difficult.

The best that I can do for you, is this picture of Irish Bob's, (OK he's doing his IRA bit) but you can see most of your bits, the smaller material straps are to hold it closed, as previously said, but there are many ways of doing that as well.

post-5-1080596828.jpg

Guest ian luxford

yes i can see it now!! wow that white stuff is stuck on good i hadnt realised it was clear!!!

ian if you could get any pics on here that would help lots too

thanks robbie for bringing it up as well