Pops Bangs And Running V Hot

speedtripledan

Found out why my car has been running v hot slightly rough and popping / banging out of the exhaust. Where the silencer clamps to the manifold was loose really loose!

Tightend it up and what a difference ! :) smoother faster no pops or bangs and a lot cooler over all :)

Must have been running lean as a result of the exhaust leak

Guest mower man

Hi Dan don't you remember the long running debate [?] on this subject some time ago ? ,a loose joint will give pops and bang because of a tiny amount of unburnt fuel and fresh air being sucked into the system will ignite mainly on the overrun /closed throttle ,by sealing the joint there is nsuficient oxy in the system for it to burn /ignite , even the Cosworth DFV F1 engine did it when exhaust systems were not as efficient in the 70's as now regards,mick [mower man] :friends: :good: waiting for incoming.

Hi Dan don't you remember the long running debate [?] on this subject some time ago ? ,a loose joint will give pops and bang because of a tiny amount of unburnt fuel and fresh air being sucked into the system will ignite mainly on the overrun /closed throttle ,by sealing the joint there is nsuficient oxy in the system for it to burn /ignite , even the Cosworth DFV F1 engine did it when exhaust systems were not as efficient in the 70's as now regards,mick [mower man] :friends: :good: waiting for incoming.

I certainly do remember ye said debate :) It was the increase in engine temps that got me with this one...