Newark

speedtripledan

Well Guys what can I say . It was a bloody good weekend. the hospitality was astounding great to put faces to the names on the forum. As in true Robin Hood style there aint nothing that can't be fixed thanks guys for all the assistance with the tweaking of the car. not bad for just getting it finished on thursday then a 6 hour shake down run to Newark. coming home wasn't without incident the silcone hoses on my carbs started to slide of the manifold so had to stop 3 times to fix. John had an arse twitching moment when he hit standing water in the border roads. then Stuart had an even bigger moment when he went to over take a car coming out of a bend on the wet road the car done a 360 & he ended up backwards in the hedgerow. escaped with a small dent in the tail broken fog light & number plate I saw the whole thing happen as I was standing waiting for him in the layby 200 yards up the road it was scary to see. when he eventually gather himself together and arrived at the layby there was a very strong smell of Sh*t coming from somewhere & it wasn't from the fields either. the drive was a bit more sedate after that for a while. But did finally all make it home 61/2 hours later.

Once again a great weekend look forward to next year

Big thanks

Andy

Well Guys what can I say . It was a bloody good weekend. the hospitality was astounding great to put faces to the names on the forum. As in true Robin Hood style there aint nothing that can't be fixed thanks guys for all the assistance with the tweaking of the car. not bad for just getting it finished on thursday then a 6 hour shake down run to Newark. coming home wasn't without incident the silcone hoses on my carbs started to slide of the manifold so had to stop 3 times to fix. John had an arse twitching moment when he hit standing water in the border roads. then Stuart had an even bigger moment when he went to over take a car coming out of a bend on the wet road the car done a 360 & he ended up backwards in the hedgerow. escaped with a small dent in the tail broken fog light & number plate I saw the whole thing happen as I was standing waiting for him in the layby 200 yards up the road it was scary to see. when he eventually gather himself together and arrived at the layby there was a very strong smell of Sh*t coming from somewhere & it wasn't from the fields either. the drive was a bit more sedate after that for a while. But did finally all make it home 61/2 hours later.

Once again a great weekend look forward to next year

Big thanks

Andy

he isn;t the 1st to spin a 7 and wont be the last been there done that got that t shirt 5yrs ago dry.gif

Guest jetskijase

Yes it was a great weekend, although I must get out of the habit of supping the whiskey with the whisky boys!! Thanks Simon for startin that!!

And cheersto the mackem who filled my hip flask up!!!!! Cheers Eric!;-)

Guest Scooby leigh

Yes it was a great weekend, although I must get out of the habit of supping the whiskey with the whisky boys!! Thanks Simon for startin that!!

And cheersto the mackem who filled my hip flask up!!!!! Cheers Eric!;-)

Eric has going to kill u ;) calling him a mackem lol have u tryed your hip flask yet?

Guest marsbar

Hi Andy, so the curse of moving jubilee clips strikes again, its very frustrating trying to do them on the roadside.

I had a a search round the stalls trying to find a narrower clip to grip the carb side, but could not find any, considering gluing the carb side on.

Glad you got back OK, manifold gasket OK?

Steve

Yes Steve they came off to many times on the run up. But ive taken them off for the last time as the manifold along with the carbs will be winging there way down to bogg bros tomorrow. Yes the exhaust was fine, job sorted .

Andy