Wheel Sizes

Guest T6 KFR

Guest T6 KFR

I'm already planning upgrades to the car I don't have yet. I'm going to change out the alloys/ Tyres.

What size do the cars perform best with? Might go for A048's,can the rear accomidate a wider set-up than front?

Not 100% sure but i think that really wide rears might start hitting part of the chassis tube on full bounce. The sierra rear end toes in and more camber when it goes up so the inside of the tyre may hit. Guess it depends on how hard your rear sus is. You could take off a spring and raise the tyre until it hits and see how much movement there is before it hits. If you look under the rear arch at the front you'll see the side tube i'm thinking of.

a lot of people run 205's without a prob. From my limited knowledge you prob won't want to go too wide anyway, its only a small car after all. You'll aquaplane more (if my logic is correct), don't know what it would do to the handling. 2b's understeer from the bad geometry at the front.

hth

I ran my 2b on 195/50/15 and the grip was mega anything else unless you are chucking 300hp on to the ground is just for show, looks good but pointless i,d spend your money sorting the front wishbones out and getting the correct geometry there the added grip that gives in corners is money well spent. If you want better ground clearance then 205/50/15 are better than the 195's

Guest T6 KFR

I collected the car today, and agree the front suspension could do with fixing...Steve what mods are possible?

My question on wheel size was towards improving grip ad by no means for show , it has 14" at the moment so might aim towards a 15" in Toyo 888's or yoka 048's.

Help / advice on suspension welcome oh and where I can find brakes to get rid of those drums at the rear!!

the later sierras had discs at the rear. Depending on what driveshafts you have you prob won't be able to just swap them. think you need the lobro type joints not the push in ones. You can just change the entire rear subframe and diff if you can get hold of one.

apart from looks you don't need to change them, they are fully capable of stopping you after all they came off a car that was expected to carry 500+kg more than what the 2b weighs.

hth