Fuel Pump Not Coming On

will

Hi guys, although my super spec has sat for almost a year she has always started. On Sat I turned her over but no fuel was getting to the engine (I can normally hear the fuel pump kick in)

Tried it again sunday morning (heard fuel pump) and she started. Left her running for a while then gave her a clean etc... started her up to put her back in the garage but then 2 secs later she was dead, again no fuel pump.

Any ideas? Does it sound like an ECU problem or a loose wire? or a knackered fuel pump?

Any advice gratefully appreciated

Will

Get the test meter out

check fuse relay

then the pump for volts & a good earth

Do you have a cut out switch ie inertia cut out check that as well

if still no joy run a wire to the pump from battery

Then still no joy a new pump needed

Stephen

Hi Will,

Do you still have the original pump (submersed in the tank?).

Could be the pump letting go due to age/lack of use. There were problems with the original pump siezing, but admittedly this was due to no fuel - happened on mine originally - so changed to an external pump and different tank.

Or, silly question, but you do have fuel in the car (enough for the pump to pick up) as the tanks internal swirl pot is a bit of a convoluted thing?

Glad you still have your car, hope the family are doing well, you never know, you may get a visit this year :rolleyes: ;)

Al