Dvla Worcester

Thrashed

Now I am getting to the end if the build I decided to pay dvla worcester a visit to get my vin number and ask a few questions.

Turned out to be a good visit. Got my vin number in about 10 minutes. They also gave me some tips about build up inspection and the forms I needed.

I am now not so scared of the dvla part as they confirmed I would get an age related plate. The only disappointing part is that you have to book an appointment for the build up inspection and you have to take it on a trailer. It was what I was expecting just thought I might be able to get away with it.

So close to the end, now have an extra bit of motivation to get finished now.

Guest bluelewis

Now I am getting to the end if the build I decided to pay dvla worcester a visit to get my vin number and ask a few questions.

Turned out to be a good visit. Got my vin number in about 10 minutes. They also gave me some tips about build up inspection and the forms I needed.

I am now not so scared of the dvla part as they confirmed I would get an age related plate. The only disappointing part is that you have to book an appointment for the build up inspection and you have to take it on a trailer. It was what I was expecting just thought I might be able to get away with it.

So close to the end, now have an extra bit of motivation to get finished now.

Guest bluelewis

Hi im nearly there on my part finished 2b+

I need to sort a vin number out but i need to register donor car in my name first i think

i thought you did this after iva

im s little confused

cheers bryan

Ps my local dvla is also worcs

Guest Kennedy48

I need to sort a vin number out but i need to register donor car in my name first i think

im s little confused

cheers bryan

I bought my car half built back in January. But iv just recieved donor log book now. My grandads told me to leave the log book in previous builders name. Is this correct or does the scrapped sierra have to belong to me according to log book

cheers

luke

Steve,

did they give any indication what the waiting time is i.e. from submitting the application form to getting a test date? I thinking about applying for mine in a few weeks time.

It seems that vosa and dvla are very different departments. I asked the girl behind the desk and she said that lead times were given by vosa and she had no idea. She also gave the same reply for the amateur build declaration. I guess they are not best friends!!

im s little confused

cheers bryan

The girl today said that to register the new kit once iva was done that as well as a few other bits that I would need the v5 for the donor. As I would be getting an age related plate she said I would need this. I already have mine in my name and on sorn. To get the vin I did not need to prove anything, just answer a few questions.

Hth

I bought my car half built back in January. But iv just recieved donor log book now. My grandads told me to leave the log book in previous builders name. Is this correct or does the scrapped sierra have to belong to me according to log book

cheers

luke

I would register the donor to you and place on sorn. You need to hand over the v5 to register the new kit.

Cheers

Also check that the engine number on the V5 matches the actual engine - mine didn't, wrong engine number and was 1600 in the V5 but the new engine was 2000 as the donor car had a replacement engine fitted, fortunately I had a reciept for this.

Originally I just sent off the V5 with the capacity change and the new number but they wrote back and asked for more evidence so I took a photo of the engine number and sent this to Ford's Tehnical Department who confirmed the capacity of the engine and the date of manufacture. I then sent all this, the reciept, the photos and the old V5 to the DVLA who swapped the capacity and the engine number and sent everything back. TBH without the reciept for the engine swap I think I might have been struggling.

It seems the DVLA are being a bit more strict on engine swaps to stop people trying to register kit cars as "single donor" when the engine was never actually fitted in the donor car.

Hopefully now my BUI should be fairly straight forward as all the paperwork will match but we'll see what happens in practice.

Steve,

Did you take any paperwork on your visit to show the car i.e. V5 build photo's etc.

Regards

Mark

Hi Mark

No didn't take anything with me, just some ID. I had called before and as I was just after a vin all they did was ask me some basic questions, name address etc. Also wanted to know car make but that was it. The documents are not needed until the build up inspection at which point you can register the car.

I guess this is the easy part.

HTH

Steve