Big Thankyou

nicko

Just a quick note to thank all the guys who helped me in my hour of need. I got home ok, with no further mishaps.

Hood wouldn't start after local meet, found number 1 plug loose, tightened it up and seemed to run ok. Also found a blow on exhaust gasket. Looks like I'll be playing in garage for next few eve's.

Thanks again

Nick

I had a Fiesta that used to back it's spark plugs out every few weeks. Hateful thing that also burned nearly as much oil as petrol and would regularly start runing on 3 cylinders as it had fouled a plug. I took to carrying a spare set with me and became quite adept at identifying which cylinder had dropped so I could just swap the offending one. Never did get to the bottom of why they worked themselves loose as I only ran the thing for a few months whilst my Sierra was being painted.

Iain

Just a quick note to thank all the guys who helped me in my hour of need. I got home ok, with no further mishaps.

Hood wouldn't start after local meet, found number 1 plug loose, tightened it up and seemed to run ok. Also found a blow on exhaust gasket. Looks like I'll be playing in garage for next few eve's.

Thanks again

Nick

it had to be your turn sooner or later for problems :spiteful: Glad it was a simple one all be it strange..

Plugs have been in over 5 years, been on the road over 4 years. I'm going to treat it to some new ones this weekend.

I'm also thinking about changing the exhaust manifold studs when I renew the gaskets. What's the best way to remove them ? (scared they'll snap)

Nick

Guest mower man

Care fully !!!! not a get at nick but lots of wd , a proper stud remover and patience in big amounts ,if you break one the only sensible way to drill it out is remove the head it doesn't matter if its first or last !!!!! .New studs ,new nuts ,correct tap to clean threads in head and copper slip and even more patience will see the job done .I'll see if i can get over one night if you like mower man :good:

Well, everyone's gone home.....

Exhaust gasket getting left until winter cos it needs bonnet and servo removing. Just got to put wiring back together that Mark was helping me with, then that's it for now.

Thanks for helping guys, and thanks for the offer Chris, but if weather ok I may go out for a drive instead.

Nick

Well, everyone's gone home.....

Exhaust gasket getting left until winter cos it needs bonnet and servo removing. Just got to put wiring back together that Mark was helping me with, then that's it for now.

Thanks for helping guys, and thanks for the offer Chris, but if weather ok I may go out for a drive instead.

Nick

If not for a 14hr day would have popped round glad your nearly sorted, servo is no major biggy to take off plenty of tools etc here if u want to do it sooner wouldn't take long ( famous last words )