Making Flavoured Vodka

Guest ethanicus

Guest ethanicus

Off camping at the weekend with a load of mates. We have all agreed to make flavoured vodka, winner doesn’t have to down the worst tasting one :-)

Any suggestions and making tips, only have until Friday morning.

Guest outtolunch

I've made sweetie vodka which is just sweets disolved in the vadka very easy and quick to make but usually turn out very sweet and they do not compare to vodkas made with real fruit but these need longer to extract the flavours and then settling and filtering.

jelly baby vodka - not suitable for vegetarians

skittle vodka - take out the green ones

savory vodka heard of bovril and marmite ( for vegetarians ) vodkas but never tried any

worst vodka ever attempted cheese and onion undrinkable and not even suitable to put in a cheese sauce ( only a test sample ever made thank goodness )

Ive made damson vodka and slow gin and love it :)

Home made damson vodka is excellent, my mum makes it! Takes much longer than a week to flavour properly.

Given the time left i'd try toffee or one of the sweet flavours.

Guest outtolunch

outtolunch, outoforder, more like! :nea: :blink:

Those sound disgusting and a dreadful waste of liquor! :shok: :bad:

Stand in corner with pointy hat, until all available vodka has been flavoured with something sensible and "drinkable"! :good:

They were not that good but when you are in a field for 3 days and the beer tent has closed anything goes and in the end they were not wasted but made palatable by mixing with lemonade :drinks:

anyway I have been in the corner with available vodka and mixers found in the cupboard and have rejected the lemon juice, maple flavour golden syrup and askeys treat ice cream toppings in favour of grenadine syrup at a 10 to 1 mix, I sure that given a brouse in the finest sections of the supermarkets or a trip to Lewis and cooper in Northallerton I could come up with something even better and more importantly for ethanicus ready instantly for the weekend.

ps. Have just dropped a cherry menthol cough sweet into a measure of vodka but this will take time to disolve :D

Guest Chutney

My mate Dave does a lethal chilli vodka. Perfect for vodka roulette!! I've done the sloe gin crap- tastes like cough mixture IMHO.

Oxo vodka is plain wrong