Ferrari Dino Replica - Build Progress

Guest red7

Chris Paddon recently parted company with his much loved 2B and has started work on building a JH Classics Ferrari Dino 246 replica. Chris liked the demo car at Stoneleigh Kit Car show and it's currently up for sale for £16,500.

Build Progress.

1/ After searching the internet Chris found the perfect MR2 Mk2 for the conversion and ran it for a few weeks to confirm he had acquired a reliable example.

2/ He ordered the kit and got to work on the project in early November.

http://i1105.photobu...16/DSCF6473.jpg

3/ The main body parts arrived and in early December we had a trial fit. Boys will be boys and Chris could not miss the opportunity for a road test. Front Clam Shell and Door skins fitted. You cannot beat duck tape and bungees for a professional job.

http://i1105.photobu...16/DSCF6534.jpg

4/ Nothing dropped off or fouled so we moved onto the Rear Clam Shell.

http://i1105.photobu...16/DSCF6540.jpg

Poor light & mild hypothermia stopped play but we will be back at it soon.

I'll keep you posted.

Just so happened to see what i beleive is an original dino GTS today in London!!!

Stuart the offer is there to have a run out in it at one of the shows!!! might not be an original, but aiming to have it looking as close to over time

for the min it's tucked up in the garage until i can stump up more bickies and bacon sarnies to fuel the NE boys to help with fitting the clam shells

happy days!!

cheers

C

Guest mastarforth

HI chris

It is most certainly coming on mate.

I am off a bit over christmas, if you working on it, the mev will be back and tucked up in my garage waiting the call form the IVA man to test it so will have time to play.

The father of my childhood friend had a real convertable onein yellow that i used to drool over as a kid , we were not allowed to even breath near it, i remember being shouted at and treat like a total scrubber by his dad for touching it one day...... the amazing thing is.. 30 odd years later the same guy still owns this little gem and he has a company across the road from my garage do his servicing and they bring it to me for the MOT, glad to say i failed it on numerous points..... Karma!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...