Accuspark Triple Earth Spark Plugs

richardm6994

Guest Getting There

Snapper Paul is correct

A common misconception of multi tipped / earth plugs is that you get 2/3/4 spark, one going to each of the points, however you dont. They are used by manufacturers because they will last far longer than standard single earth plugs. As the earth tips wear (each time a spark hits) then the gap slightly increases, because electricity always finds the shortest route to earth as one wears the spark will move to the other wearing them all equally. The may improve misfires as there are more chances of a good spark.

I only posted this as before I got involved in my job I was of the idea that there were multipsarks from these plugs and found it quite interesting the reasoning behind them.

Cheers

Chris

Thanks everyone for the responses, I don't think Accuspark try and mis-sell these as they are described as "triple ground" and not "triple spark" or "multi spark" as I've seen others trying to sell them as. It is made clear that you still only get one spark.

Other than the well published duribility of these plugs, I've read that one of the advantages (but not sure how much truth there is in it) is basically that the spark is more exposed to the fuel mixture thus creating better detonation?

More exposed to the fuel mixture!!!!!!

It has 3 earths

It only sparks to 1 earth

The spark gap is set

A single earth plug is in my opinion exposed in the same place to the same amount of fuel

Don't get me wrong I have used these in a Peugeot 309 GTi

And have them in a Golf I got for my daughter nothing wrong with them but they don't do anything different than a single plug