Fuel Tank

Jamiep

I'm having a new tank made and wondered how other people have vented their tanks.

I have put a 10mm vent next to the 2" inlet with the aim of connecting a pipe back up to the stub on the side of the original filler neck.

will this work?

I was looking at getting an aero style filler cap and making a connector for the back but can't find any vented ones other then a CBS all in one unit.

If I got this, where would people recommend I vent the tank to, bearing in mind it comes up into the boot and I don't want to die in a vapour explosion.

All ideas/ experiences greatfully received.

regards

jay

My tank was un-vented and had an airtight aerostyle cap. I drilled a hole through the cap under the locking clip. Only 2mm. Big enough for air. Small enough that fuel won't pour out if I turn the car over. If I could have found a 1mm drill that would have been even better. You can get tank vent valves from the motorsport retailers like Merlin or Demon Tweeks which allow air to enter or vent but stop petrol if you want to do it properly.

Nigel.

I did see somewhere that mentioned drilling the cap but it said its an MOT fail if spotted (not sure why).

I have also looked at the race valves but these would need to be vertical so could I then run the pipe off the top of the valve and back down under the back of the car?

Can anybody see a problem with this.

Thanks