More Pre-Iva Photos Part 2

Guest mcramsay

Guest mcramsay

sorry to keep going on, but here are some more photos of the car....i actually dragged it out the garage aswell, i would say (fingers crossed) minus setting the headlights up, having the engine mapped, and getting the brake bias bar set up and then locked the car is 98% finished... haha well lets see what you all think first of all!

photo 1 - i cut a massive square hole in the tunnel top panel as i had the origional sierra gear leaver fitted. but when i changed to the quickshift lever obviously i had more metal missing than i wanted. so i have made up this cover plate and sneakily used it to hold the gear stick gaiter also -

9f387dac.jpg

photo 2

84539f2a.jpg

photo 3

2a356f20.jpg

photo 4

3cdbef8f.jpg

photo 5

a007a7f0.jpg

photo 6

640f1dc8.jpg

photo 7

3bebab81.jpg

photo 8

765201af.jpg

photo 9

d165c9da.jpg

photo 10

e60c16e1.jpg

Hi

rear fog light 90 deg to road

side mirrors height, you must be able to see a point on the road behind the vehicle without seeing the rear wings

center mirror should be in the center, you don't have to see anything with it.

headlight bracket edge trim around headlight base

wing bracket/top ball joint tower edge trim

front caliper bleed nipple protectors

headlight retaining ring bolt is on top

thats all I can see from the pics

however you mentioned "bias bar", that is a little like swearing at the tester.

locking nut is no good, the rod must be drilled and wired, there must also be a label in the vicinity of the pedals, saying something like "if you touch this your hands will drop off" or some similar official wording I can't remember.

The pedal assembly looks like its bolted to the floor, hopefully you have a 10mm plate under it, welded to the chassis. stand on the brake pedal, ANY movement of the frame and it will fail.

This can also cause problems with driving the vehicle, depending on whether you have fitted the master cylinders inside or in the engine compartment, especially with a Ford steering wheel fitted. You may be OK, but if the tester has troubles with his legs fowling the back of the wheel or operating the pedals, you will fail.

Regards

Guest mcramsay

This bias bar has been the bane of my kit car build. I should never of fitted it before Iva. The current set up is as follows.

The bias bar and cylinders are fitted in the foot well compartment, and I have welded in another support bar which the pedal box sits hard against and bolts through, then the box is bolted through the floor pan and has plate underneath to spread the load. I will hopefully be having the car set up at the local garage who should be able to test the

brake efficiency, once the bias is set correctly I

will weld the bar up along the full length of the thread. For the sake of 25 quid to replace it after iva, they can't moan about it being locked incorrectly if it is welded!

I will get some labels sorted ASAP.

As for the space for driving the car, I hope the tester is not tall!! It works for me, admittedly the ford steering wheel does not help! With the momo wheel on there is perfect leg room but a much smaller shaft edge exempt area behind the wheel which might cause my dash to fail! I will sort the fog light out in the morn! Once again thanks for the help!

Please make sure your front flexi brake hoses cannot/ever/ never under any circumstances come into contact with the wishbones or springs on any angle of turn. Your brakes must still perform as required by the test even if the bias bar is welded in an incorrect position; hope they do.

Guest mcramsay

Thanks mate, I will have a look, I'm not expecting to pass first time, but obviously want to make every effort to pass if possible. To be honest having a failure list at least gives some direction on how to pass, I feel like I'm just shooting in the dark at the moment