Nothing Inside The Boob Hole

Guest paisesmediterraneos

Hello, I bought a RH 2B; behind the seats, in the boot, there is nothing ( you can see the fuel tank, shock absorbers...), I would like to have a kind of normal boot to transport at least a bag with some clothes and some mechanical tools (because I will use the car for some weekend trips), do you know if it is sold a kind of fiber glass receptacle to install inside the boot hole of the car??.

Regards !!!!.

Edited by paisesmediterraneos

Oh my God, it's true...but I cannot find the way to change the tittle, helpppppppppppppppp :help: .

:rofl: :rofl:

Edited by paisesmediterraneos

Ain't that right !

When I visit my family in Torrevieja, most of the people round there all speak English !

As for the boot problem - I built the Zero and I had to create a shelf to cover the fuel tank in that too.

Fibreglass ? Unlikely I think.

Simon.

mmm...Stewart the food in Galicia is great...and, by the way, el queso de tetilla (literally...little boob cheese ;-) ) is very taste :-).

Shaft and Simon B, Torrevieja is a wonderful place, do you use to come to Spain often??; I live in Granada ( Andalucía ), I have very close Sierra Nevada mountains with the ski station (from the top of Sierra Nevada mountains you can see the Atlas mountains of Morocco), I have either close Costa del Sol with wonderful beaches, if one day you decide to come to visit the south, tell me and we´ll meet.

Regardssssssssss.

I usually go to Spain twice a year to visit family there. Christmas and Summer are the two occasions.

I even rode the motorbike (when I had one) through France and Andorra camping on route.

Now that I've built the hood.... I don't think it will be fully ready for this year though. It needs some local "running in"

to sort out any problems first. *IF* the DVLA finally get round to giving me the Registration :)

However, luck may change...

Simon.

Guest sadjagboy

You'll need to either make the boot or get someone to make it for you.

Marine ply, aluminium, or stainless are the popular materials. probably best choosing the material you are happiest to work with.

Best regards

Angus

Our boot is made from S/steel (ali would be easier) A large square was bent to rivet to seat back & horizontal chassis tubes, side "ears" were cut in cardboard to obtain shape to sides of body-work, metal cut leaving tabs to turn up for fixing, another piece was bent to cover the tank - fixed to floor sheet & back body-work. Do mean quite a few rivets show on the outside but gives a really big boot;enough for a weeks shopping or long camping trips.

David,

I have a SuperSpec which has a very similar chassis to the 2B.

I made my boot from 10mm ply and coated it in 2 coats of fibre glass resin to water proof it and provide additional strength.

Secured each panel together with right angled brackets.

Hope the pictures give you a better idea.

Al

post-1475-0-30237000-1329768233_thumb.jpg

post-1475-0-27840100-1329768249_thumb.jpg