Smallways 2012

BigLee

All,

Smallways weekend

Right date confirmed for the Yorrkshire Area event of the season

For anyone that hasn't been, this is an event I organise. It consists of a fantastic pub in the country where we camp over Fri and Sat just behind the pub. Usually an excellent run out on Saturday,

Time - Friday and Sat 22nd and 23rd JUNE . (Arriving to camp anytime PM on Friday 22nd).

I have now confirmed date with Landlord. I have yet to book the glorious sunshine we had last year, but will try and organise that too. I haven't sorted the run out on the Saturday yet (Well to be honest the wife hasn't sorted the run out yet ) so any suggestions let me know. We have set off in most directions in recent years. Will try and get some maps printed out this year.

Details:

Location - Smallways Country Inn, just off the A66 at Newsham, about 7 miles from Scotch Corner. (A1)

Map here

Cost - Nowt - Will be beer to be drunk though !!!!!

Facilities - Excellent country pub serving good food. Toilet and washing facilities.

Stuff to do - Your own thing, tyre kick whatever. There is beer!!!

There is a motel next door for anyone not wanting to brave the open air !!! Search for the A66 motel

Please tell me if you want to come - Just PM me or reply to this thread so I can get a feel for numbers. There should be no restriction on Camping pitches and all are welcome . I'll post up those confirmed here.

Regards Lee

Attendees So Far -

Lee and Julie

Barry and Christine

Chris "S2000" Stubbs

Steve "Grizzly" Adams

James Harvey

Steve "The Chairman" Johnson

Mitch and Jen

Sam And Colin ( For the run out at least ) You know you want to stop over:)

Steve "Red7"Knaggs

Kevin and Gayle

Ian Marr

Pete and Daryl

Recycler - run out on Sat

Derek and Marilyn - Can't make it now

Simon - Can't make it now

Ian & Carole - Can't make it due to work

• Like 1

Guest Ian & Carole

Hi Lee .Put Sam and I down on the list for the run, I might be able to con her into staying the friday night if I can get B&B close by.

Cheers.

Colin

Colin

The A66 motel next door is good value and you get a breakfast without having to cook.

Cheers for that Ian , that sounds good,why didnt I think of that, looking forward to the weekend , we had a great day last year it was the first big run out for Sam with the club and she really enjoyed it.

Cheers

Colin

Hi Lee, Can you put Marilyn & I down for the weekend please?

Managed to get a room for Saturday at the A66 Motel but no rooms left for Friday so we are going to find somewhere else nearby.

• 1 month later...