Hows This For A Blown Head Gasket

speedtripledan

Got jasons (jazzym) zero in today for some work, jason said it was running a bit rough??? compression tested it and found pots 1 and 2 at 0psi ! thought my tester was faulty so i plugged into my v8 and all good... expecting the worse I took the head off and found this

20120326_192156.jpg

20120326_193305.jpg

pretty good fail i'd say !

I had mine go 300 miles after the engine rebuild last year (on way to club meet). Much worse than what you see there (went across all 4 cylinders). Put it down to a crap cheap head gasket. Didn't cause any damage. What debris there may have been was more than likely expelled through the exhaust.

Pretty sure Jason's engine will be ok. :clapping:

At least you found it before any seriuos damage was caused.. :acute:

Guest jasonmorris

Never thought that I'd be so pleased my head gasket has gone. Phew, thought it would be much worse after the compression test lol. Gotta be done though because it's going up for sale shortly............ Zero anyone????? :-)

Guest mower man

Hi , when replacing the hg cleanliness is all important ,even down to cleaning out stud holes [water ,oil etc] and getting every thing dry grease free etc unless there is a lot of distortion a quality gasket fitted with new bolts using correct torque procedures will be ok .Heads can warp but blocks rarely do hth mowerman