Engine Power Upgrade Solved

Guest MarkB

Guest MarkB

After having my butt kicked by Nick, Dan and Keith on wednesday night i thought i would see what i could do to increase engine power on my 2b...... after a bit of pondering and a bit of reading last night (thanks to posts from Dinger, GDC and ianjenn) i had my plan.

After a quick call to Dan (notimpressed) we arranged to meet at my garage this morning and start the mods i had decided on...... just needs the coolant hoses, fuel pipes to carbs and a plug for the coil and its done..... all completed in 8 hours, would have been quicker but tea, biscuits and a welcomed visit from Rob and Fliss gave us more than enough breaks.... anyway to the decided mods........ easy really.....

Remove this

IMAG0390.jpg

IMAG0391.jpg

and replace with this

IMAG0395.jpg

IMAG0400.jpg

Instant power upgrade

Guest MarkB

Power is nothing without control!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

it boils down to 2 things.... as loud pedal gets nearer to the floor my eyes will close :crazy: what you cant see cant hurt......... i hope

Guest dinger

I like it Mark,,, If you cant go round them,,,,,,, F*ck it! go through them,, Lovfl,

Seriously,,, thats gonna be some awesome power mate, I'm assuming that its still got standard internals so low boost? If not, do you know the engine spec?

Cant understand how I have part blame for the transplant though, lol

Guest MarkB

I like it Mark,,, If you cant go round them,,,,,,, F*ck it! go through them,, Lovfl,

Seriously,,, thats gonna be some awesome power mate, I'm assuming that its still got standard internals so low boost? If not, do you know the engine spec?

Cant understand how I have part blame for the transplant though, lol

I spent a couple of hours reading the forums, your posts, Grahams posts and of course Ians post (the creater of this engine setup) helped me decide the fate of the st engine that has been gathering dust in the workshop for the last few months

Guest mower man

Nice one Mark ,I lusted after that lump when you showed me a few months back should be properly quick but very drivable .Hope to get over to see you soon [not driving yet ,just getting a bit bored with 4 walls] regards mick

Guest MarkB

Nice one Mark ,I lusted after that lump when you showed me a few months back should be properly quick but very drivable .Hope to get over to see you soon [not driving yet ,just getting a bit bored with 4 walls] regards mick

Once its up and running it will be a pleasure to come over and see you mick, I sympathise with your boredom, when I was off work for 2 months with my dicky ticker I was losing my marbles with the boredom factor. Hope your on the mend.

Guest MarkB

Mark,

do you still have the pinto?? i am in the market for a 2.0l

regards

keith

I do have the pinto but I'm keeping it unroll I'm happy with what I've replaced it with..... Once I'm happy it will be up for grabs, although, I have four people already wanting it

Nice one Mark.

Not so sure its the lack of power that was making you slow..... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Can't see any nice shiny bits on the new lump though...

Looks like I will definately have to do the turbo mods to mine next winter then... :drinks: