Zetec Oil Pressure

femster87

Guest MarkB

what kind of oil pressure are you guys getting from the 2.0 blacktop engine. Mine is quite low at idle but climbs up to about 3 bar at 2000rpm. Just need to check is my dash setup is ok

oooh, question for you, what oil pressure device do you use on your zetec and did you screw it into the spare hole near the filter

Guest MarkB

i am using a vdo one i used the other hole. cause it was easier to access in the car. 0-10bar range and calibrated to my digidash

brilliant thanks for that, i have a sender ready and waiting, similiar to yours, hopefully the thread will be right,.

Hi,

I have run the tests this morning. I got the following results.

The pressure never dropped to or below 3 bar. The cold start up pressure was higher as the oil is thicker when cold and normal driving temperatures don't usually see the fan start up and the pressure stays above 3 bar.

post-4714-0-75609400-1334314338_thumb.jpgpost-4714-0-01458200-1334314342_thumb.jpgpost-4714-0-10384800-1334314332_thumb.jpgpost-4714-0-34462500-1334314335_thumb.jpgpost-4714-0-34690500-1334314322_thumb.jpgpost-4714-0-34908300-1334314319_thumb.jpgpost-4714-0-88176700-1334314328_thumb.jpgpost-4714-0-60583600-1334314325_thumb.jpg

Hope that helps?

Simon.

Ok, obtained a pressure guage from work plug into the cylinder to calibrate/ validate the sensor/dash readings. And it checked out. Its about 1 bar at idle and 2.5 - 3 bar 3000rpm. Seems pretty low when compared to yours Simon. Looks like a bottom end rebuild at somepoint in the future. but shld be ok for IVA and summer use

The engine I used is a brand new one though so everything should not be worn down and the tolerances should be tighter.

So far the engine has only covered 333 miles so is still really running in.

I take it that yours isn't brand new? How many miles has it done?

Also, I used the raceline sump and you need to put enough oil in so that the level gets to the max mark on the dipstick. This means that the surface of the oil will be same relative to the engine. The amount of oil though will be different to haynes manual. I think it's almost exactly 5 litres to max. (For the raceline)

What type of oil did you put in the engine? It will be more viscous when cold so you would get a higher pressure then.

Simon.

Guest mower man

Those fig are low my 40k pinto sits at 40psi hot at tickover and approx 60/65 at 3000 rpm nothing special done to it ,I would expect at least as much +fromyour zetec esp if its new!! needs investigation first easy try is another gauge! HTH mower man

Hi, Its now new. History unknown just pickup from scrappy. It runs ok, just the oil pressure. Hence why i think its needs a bottom end rebuild. Been to rollig road I was planning to use today and its going there next week for some check before mapping if pressure goes up then it gets mapped.