Can I Have My Carb Balancer Back Please?

Big Jim

Hi all NW guys.

Someone borrowed my "snail" carb balancer some time ago, for the life of me I can't remember who it was, but I would like it back please.

I've dug the Hood out of the garage, put a brand new MOT, tax & insurance on it, and am hopeful of getting more than 160 miles on it this year!!

But when I looked for the carb balancer, there it was, gone! I then vaguely remember someone borrowing it, but don't remember it coming back............

So, If you've got it, please can I have it back?

Thank you............

hi Jim i had it for ages but did return it, (was in boot of car for months kept forgetting to give it you, ) but i know i did return it, not sure who else would want it,

Mitch

It'll turn up hopefully, it's not running too bad at the moment.

I've done a bit of work on it, then gone back and undone part of it!

I thought that I'd splash out and upgrade the brakes, I'd never been 100% happy since having to remove the servo. So I've changed all the flex brake lines for braided ones, and bought a Willwood 1" tandem master cylinder, fitted it all, bled the system with new fluid etc, got a fantastic hard pedal, too bloody hard! I took it for a run to see Greg in Blackburn, but when I came home, I took the new master cylinder off, you need to be Charles Atlas to press the bloody pedal!

I've now refitted the "Westfield" one with a new seal kit fitted to it, and the pedal is much better. The bloody thing stops as well.................

The problem as you know Steve is that I only get 1 weekend in every month due to the shift pattern, and with too many toys to play with.

Anyway, 4 years, 1 month and 20 days and i'll have all the time in the world (but I'm not counting, really!)

jim i got a leak on my master cylingder , where it meets servo, how hard ias it to replace the seals ? i did get given a spare cylinder and servo but there not same and think i may be better replacing seal on one fitted

Mitch

jim i got a leak on my master cylingder , where it meets servo, how hard ias it to replace the seals ? i did get given a spare cylinder and servo but there not same and think i may be better replacing seal on one fitted

Mitch

It's easy enough to do, the big problem is finding someone that has seal kits. You'll not find anything around here, I got my seal kit from ;

.http://www.powertrackbrakes.co.uk/

You'll need to quote any and all the numbers on the master cylinder. I had numbers on a plastic 'band' that was on it, plus the cast in number that was on the master cylinder itself. My kit cost me around £25 'ish.

So take it off, get the numbers, order the kit, but DON'T take it apart until you have the new seals. Then it's just a matter of taking the clip out of the end and it all comes apart. Keep it all clean, change the seals one at a time & put it back together.