Cutting Stainless Steel

Stewart

Yes ive got one..easily cuts it .it cuts a series of crescent moon shapes out.

difficult to do a stright line freehand. get a guide of timber or simular clamped to it.

sure mine was cheaper than that though ,ill try to find the link

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SHEET-METAL-NIBBLER-DRILL-DOUBLE-HEADED-BRAND-NEW-/370564549419?pt=UK_Hand_Tools_Equipment&hash=item56475e4b2b

Argh! Why do I want any and every clever little tool I see? It's a fetish or and addiction.

Nigel

My wife now stears me away from any tool shops or tools for sale in shops we visit because I always stop and look at what clever tools they have.

I used one of those when I had my S7 to cut the bonnet in half and add a length of stainless piano hinge down the middle (as mentioned a straightedge guide is a must). I also used it to cut the big oblong holes in the sides for the louvres I added. It's done umpteen other jobs since. I bought an air-powered one last year as it's less bulky and pretty much one-handed operation - Argos of all places was the cheapest source at the time. My only gripe is the thousands of razor sharp little crescents that you need to sweep up afterwards - you always miss a couple and either track them into the house on the bottom of your shoes or find them in the workshop the next time you are on your hands&knees getting something from under the bench or car.

Iain

Hi,

I also got one of those Argos specials and they work a treat and very quick to use. A straight edge clamped onto the surface is essential as I discovered while practicing on some scrap, it's VERY easy to wander.

Simon.