Stoneleigh Show

swan

Hi all

have just returned from stoneleigh.

the show followed its normal format and there were more people at the show then there has been in the 3 previous years that I have attended

what a fantastic turn out by club members. The club area was full and the area adjacent was used for the overflow at the last count there were approx. 120 cars. there were also quite a few other rh's dotted around the show ground that we saw on the way out.

Quite a tiring day so I think camping overnight next year may be the order of the day.

Finally, congratulations to the committee and all others who helped make it an excellant day

swan

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

rizla

no go tomorrow. got to clear out the garage for when the car comes back

and the dandelions are threatening to take over the grass so must cut them back

hope you have as good a day as paul and i had. Bloody tiring though.

must be getting old.

atb

swan

Guest brummy-ade

ill be there to tommorow weather permitting in the hood or in the rover if its wet(no hood see) yet!!

i was intending going today and camping but the little fella been ropey and hed be gutted if i went on my own :gdit: oh well be there tommorow

ade :D

Guest ian luxford

have just got back too and had a great time! camped there last night what helped but still knackered! was great seeing so many hoods but i still cant tell any of them apart! was good for us to see if we could fit our camping gear in the hood for our trip to germany in july and just about managed it but the weight did make the car ground out a few time on the motorway not a nice sound at 80!

got my tiger mirrors so was happy now just got to get round to fitting them! and the side screens got some good ideas on how they fit looking at everyones car

thanks everyone there for their help and it was great seeing so many hoods nearly made a tear come to my eye!

Guest kevin

A great day out. What fun watching the Cateringvans going sideways in an effort to distract the public from a fantastic turn out of Hoods.

Kevin

Guest Bob's Babe

Great day! :wub: Also totally knackered but was good to catch up with so many friends. Left the boys and a fair few girls having a beer or 8 :rolleyes: The kiddies also had fab time, all now fast asleep thank god ;) Will see you Mon if the weather is OK, I'm going to ring for a weather check at 8.30am...if Tim is sober enough to answer the phone B)

Sue

Guest Griff

Great day out, its been about ten years since my last visit and it exceeded my memories. The commitee did a sterling job and I must try and camp next year if the weather forcasters can get anywhere near to getting it right!!!!!!!! I nearly didn't take the hood but i'm glad I did as it was great fun blasting back down to Cambridge with the sun and wind on my bald head and a few westies left in my wake( why do they travel at 50mph?? are they that bad??). Well must adjurn to the garage as I spent far too much money on shiney bits and bobs to leave them lying around for too long.

Griff

Guest Battery Bill

Yes what an enjoyable weekend, And as usual the most populated area of any club so well done everyone. It was great to meet all the old friends and lots of new ones too. :D

Shame about the weather today "Monday" we decided to get off home and get out to the garage so sorry if we missed any Monday people but theres always the next one :rolleyes:

One thing that did worry Joey and me we saw a familiar face mixing it at the catering van site, can anyone spot him? :lol:

Either he is contemplating a purchase or he is thinking of paying his £10 for the ride of his life :lol: :lol:

post-13-1083582069.jpg