Stoneleigh Show

swan

Guest Russler

Had a really good time on the Sunday although only met up with Jim, i'm not dissapointed I was very pleased to finally meet someone from the club but maybe i'll catch up with a few more of you next time. I had to leave quite early, my girlfriend was looking at the watch every half hour and took it upon herself to remind me every five minutes that we had seen this car or this stand before. :rolleyes: But I doubt its not just me but I can't take everything in on the first round. :D

She obviously doesn't fully understand the kitcar builder, although she does now understand the principles of pressure wave charging which I seemed to bore Jim to tears over. :rolleyes: :blink:

sorry for that Jim, but when I get into my flow I get a bit carried away!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The local neighbours complained about the noise! (I know all about that!) I suppose that the site owner has to keep them happy to an extent, but it would have been good to see them thrashing around in the wet.

hi Russler, Next time don't bring her :rolleyes: , remember, after you've had the 'boiled ham do' she then has full command! :o

You just got too complicated for an old sod like me, but it'll be OK once it's finished. :)

Guest Andybarbet

Just like to say thanks to everyone for a great weekend, took me boy with me (Connor) and we both had a great time - think he ate Tims chocolate though but luckily for Connor, he was asleep when Tim realised !

I'll definately be camping from now on but need to invest in a new tent cos found out that mine leaks after two hours of rain...

Did anyone get any Lightweight photo's that they could e-mail to me as my digicam was playing up ??

Roll on the next show............................... :D

P.S Tim - hope the gravy got you home !!!

Guest Bob's Babe

Oh no! Pics of BOB looking slightly unhealthy. :o Not to worry, all sorted now and for those of you worrying about him :D Tim got home fine though I hear that Andy Jessop didn't :boohoo: He'll be on the market for a Stuart Taylor nose cone and bonnet if anyone has a spare. :(

Sue

Guest Mark P

What a great weekend!!!

Thanks to all.

I can remember the Sunday but Monday was a little blured :D With a little help from Liz navigating (falling asleep in the passenger side) we got home in one piece :huh:

Can't wait until the next one.

Mark

2 hours on the motorway, no side screens! :blink: no wind deflectors! still can't here out of my right ear, and those caterhams would not shut up :boohoo: . Ouch!

Good things us hoddies have two ears.

Had a really great time on sunday and gave the hood its first long run out and not a spluter.

Well impressed :D

Got some great ideas and a great day out see you next year.

Robbie

Guest Bob's Babe

Mark... Hope Liz is feeling a bit better. :D Tim informs me he decorated the grass outside his tent early yesterday morning and you lot are to blame :rolleyes: He always blames someone. Some guy rang tonight and I almost got him to buy BOB! :boohoo: But he didn't want to wait till after Aug10th and we have to go to N.Yorks first so Tim had to put him off :D See you all at Newark.We could all be invited to a wedding next June in Ireland. A new member is getting hitched and may need our help celebrating....She (he's the member) loves cars and is great on a BBQ so we may have to fly them both in for Newark or Doni. :wub: Could fit in well

SUE

Guest Feek

Had a great time at Stoneleigh - good to meet some of you in person - sorry I couldn't stay longer.

Big thanks to all who brought cars and talked and laughed and radiated enthusiasm. After a frustrating 6 months, the RHOCaR stand gave me a huge boost. When I walked into my garage that night, I saw a car half-finished, not half-done. All those niggly things that seemed to pile up reverted to minor annoyances. I got a ton of stuff done on the car the next day!

I can't wait to start fitting the wiring loom! :lol:

Feek (back-from-the-almost-dead)

Guest piddy

Feek.

If you were to attend the area meetings you would get that feeling once every month :D

If you also attended all the kit car shows you would get the feeling twice a month :D :D

The car would be finished in no time at all :D :D :D

keep up the build see you soon.

Guest Tim Norman

It has been a few days of failure. It started with the fan, in the queue getting in to the show which led eventually to the temp hitting 120 degrees before emptying the water in steam form all over the place much to the delight of the assembled camera bearers. :gdit: Big thanks to all who helped fix Bob, he and I really appreciated it. The next failure was my ability to keep hold of my chocolate. :boohoo: The little person knows who he is. ;) Third failure was sort of self inflicted, but I still don't remember ordering the pizza that arrived without a box just outside my tent door at 6am. The final failure was this morning at Bob's MOT. Turned out that my quick rack had more than an acceptable amount pf play. Closer inspection brought me to the conclusion that a new rack may well be required. Well, it's fitted, not a quick rack but Bob turns in better now as the wheels actually work together! He now has his new MOT certificate and I can start on Bobson in ernest, Wherever ernest is :lol:

Bobsmate

Guest Bob Rowell

Thanks to everyone who made Stoneleigh such a brilliant event. Myself and son No2 went for the day on Sunday, my first show as a car owner, 300 miles round trip and she never missed a beat , though did run uncomfortably hot a couple of times.

As I looked round the RH enclosure I recalled something Piddy said to me about no two Hoods being the same. There looked to be well over a hundred there, and he was still right! (EDIT - Officially counted at 123 cars by Tims Kids - Mick M)

I would like to know why you waited until I had left before taking that great aerial picture. My car was in that space at the left hand lower corner - two down from Piddy's.

Roll on Newark, when I hope to meet a few more of you. ;)

Guest Robin Allison

Looks like i missed a gooden. Was there last year so i will have to look though those photos again. Oh well, had to change the clutch in my RS2000 it went BANG. To much rught foot :D . Anyway Newark again it is then, No big caravan this year. Tents it is.

I would like to know why you waited until I had left before taking that great aerial picture. My car was in that space at the left hand lower corner - two down from Piddy's.

It all depends when that flash of inspiration comes!! ;)

Next time....Camp! :)

Guest mickmellors

My most humble apologies for not posting earlier - this is the first chance I have had to pinch some time on my Clients computer to get on the web - my excuse is that I returned home to Derby from Stoneleigh on the Monday evening, took the caravan back to its storage yard, went home, unpacked all the Club equipment, put it all away - ably assisted by John White - BIG THANKS JOHN - and set off down to the London office ready for a 6:30am start on site. At least that was the plan - it got later than I had hoped and there was no way I was ever going to make it to my hotel that evening - I would have become a Motorway statistic if I had tried, so I went to bed after a soak in the bath and set off in the early hours instead. Got down to London safe and sound and have been here ever since and I am working through the night tonight and there is nobody around so I am spending my break posting this !

I had a fantastic weekend with all of you who came. We proudly showed 123 cars on Sunday - (WOW - yet another Club attendance record) but we were horrified when we checked Registration numbers against the Club data base - 43 of the cars at the show on Sunday alone WERE NOT paid up members. This is REALLY dissappointing after all the effort we put in for these weekends. If you have anyone coming to your Area Meetings that has not paid their Subs - SHAME them into renewing.

The camping area was a bit of a cock-up , I posted instructions asking that we go behind the buildings, unfortunately all those areas were pegged out for Clubs this year so we did as we have always don and camped in the usual spot at the top of the field. We FILLED our camping area so tight this year that I didnt even have space to do a trial erection of my brand new 'self erecting' tent ! ! It is supposedly up in 30 seconds - HMMM, my 4r5e - it took me 45 mins on the back lawn !!!!!

The weather on Monday morning was a bit on the damp side to say the least, and a few left early, but of course, as soon as they went the sun came out and it was gorgeous for the rest of the day.

Newark camping WILL be the same as last year, over by the stable blocks - this weekend will be sunshine B) all the way through cos its my Birthday on Saturday and it doesnt rain on my birthday! - Are you listening Mr.Weatherman? June 19th :gdit: ! ! !

See you all at Newark - PUT IT IN THE DIARY NOW - 18/19/20 June and dont forget MISS NEWARK ;) :) :rolleyes: :p presenting the trophy to the best attended club over the weekend - we dont want to lose out after the success of the last 7 or 8 years