Donington Kit Car Show

Guest steve8274

Guest alfaGTA

I had a great time, arrived around 2pm on Sat in the kit. I paid a mere £5 for one nights camping, two days entry to the show hall and also entry to two days worth of 750MC racing at a great venue.......... to put it into context those people going to the superbikes this weekend will be paying £50 for the same thing! I thought the halls were pretty busy- i spotted two new cars from two different manufacturers (there were probably more that i missed as i was only casually wandering around).

Bear in mind the business aspect of why a show might be judged as quiet or disappointing, financially it no doubt costs a fair amount to put a stand on at one of these shows. Simply when fuel, hotel, food/drink and time are accounted for just how many £3 spanners do you have to sell to make a profit and make it worth your while to turn up? How many of those traders are still actually trading now? How many were busy with other tasks/shows? Those aspects cannot be controlled by the show organisers nor RHOCaR i'm afraid.

As always the club stand was very well represented and a big thanks to the boys and girls that put their hard work and effort!

Even though i missed Friday night the craic was still great as always among the usual faces at camp :drinks:

Guest peter2b2002

had a great time saw a few old mates + new ones watched a few of the track races got some goodies from the hall , not bad as it's the first show there for 5-6 years?shame about the center of the track make a good off road track though

peter2b

for those wanting to give some feed back for donnington this is justins email justin@performancepublishing.co.uk good and bad feed back will be welcome. Just to put you in the picture the show cost around £50000 to stage £3000 for the carpet on the stands, the toilets in the camping were £1000 each ( this would be cheeper from a local hire company but as all venues donnington will not allow outside contractors) on top of these costs were the fencing round the club zone at the insistance of donnington park. this show was at a race circuit venue and these will always command higher prices for the use of than a local show ground.

Guest lardy-fatboy

I would like to second the response by enforcer,its a forum where an individual can comment and give his or her views as they please.I did not get home and leave my comment I actually did it in the car park before setting off on my 60 mile trip home.

The club stands in particular RHOCAR is as always very well attended and am happy with the efforts of all the clubs in the field.I don't like being called an idiot by some,as my views appear to be the same as others on here.if this was there first show then I think ( my opinion ) it was not that good in the main hall,

Sorry if I have caused a stir but I thought that's what a forum was for........