Put Up Or Shut Up....

Bob Tucker

Guys,

there is a "Run What Ya Brung" 1/4 mile sprint event at North Weald airfield on 16th May.

J.7 M11

http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?pc=...irfield+%2D+Map

I cant find any details yet, but last year it cost £10 to spectate & another £10 to enter your car for as many runs as you can fit in (queues allowing).

I'll add more details as I find them.

Bring your licence, & a helmet for open top cars.

I'll be there.....

Bob.

Hi Bob from what I remember last time you have to be there early as there is a limited number of entries, I will see if I can get some of the Hert's area gang to come along and support you, Maybe we can get alan Rowe to come along in his V8 240 bhp hood.

john

Guest rizla
:p im actualy on a diet bill,ive lost a stone in wieght,i would add though its nothing to do with curborough,its that i know il put the weight on while in america

Guest Griff

:boohoo: Nuts there's a conspiracy out there somewhere. I'm in Edinburgh on the 16th May on a stagg doo and going on holiday on the 31st of July when Curborough is on. Can't wait to treat the hood like a Kart, but it looks like it will have to wait :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo:

Get there as early as possible.

They dont limit numbers, (more cars = more money)

but the more cars & bikes, the fewer runs you get.

Last year signon started at 8:30, then a rudimentary scrutineering session, then a Q for a run. I got 3 runs in the morning, then decided to spectate. You cant do both, cos you have to stay with your car & move it up to the line. Can take an hour Qing, while you cant see the track.

HINT Do what me & my brother did....we took our sons & let them drive our cars on track in exchange for pushing them in the Q.

My son pushed the 2B, my nephew had to push a 2 ton Stingray!!!

Highlight of last year for me were the two mates running together on street Hyabusas, which they drove there & back.

One crossed the line at 148 mph, the other at 152!!!!

Bob.

Guest Captain Daz

Bob,

Seems like a great venue for cheap thrills. If the car's on the road next year I'll be up for it. Don't expect any great times. It'll be a while before the mods you spoke about at Ryarsh will be finished.

Cheers

Daren

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the picture John.....you could have posted one where I was in front!!!

Good to see a few hoods & Hood owners there, sorry I couldnt spend more time chatting. I managed to get in 9 runs over the day, but the track surface was really bad, so times werent any better, despite the extra 20 + HP. they found at the rolling road. I also fitted a 3.62 diff, removed the screen, took off the spare wheel & removed eveything I could, tools spare fuel etc.

Its now 0.2 to 0.5 seconds slower over the quarter!!!

The standard diff now just spins one wheel, loadsa smoke, no traction.

Partly due to the track, everyone had the same problem, but as usual, more power has found the next weak link.

I'm now looking for a complete XR4x4 rear end set up.

Anyone know of one for sale?

PS I met a guy who has a normally aspirated (twin DCOE 50s!) Pinto in a Toyota Starlet.

It puts out 219 bhp at the rear wheels...dyno printouts & 1/4 mile time prove it.

Meeting him on Tuesday night to find out how he did it..

Cheers, Bob.