Zero Vs R6, Or 2B?

Guest Pond

Guest alfaGTA

Hi Pond, this (removed ebay link) could be worth a shot? Got a zetec and LSD, carbs are fine with a cam upgrade and rolling road to get the best from it and it might still be within budget (just).

As has been mentioned above, the various cars all drive and feel differently even within the same marque and depend not only on the previous builder/owner's skill in actually constructing the thing but perhaps more importantly how the car's suspension has been set up to give a nice progressive balance,power is nothing without control. I knew when i was buying my indy within 100 yards of the test drive i would be taking it home because it felt so much better than anything i'd previously tested.

Best advice is to test drive a few but remember that subtle changes to damper/shock settings, tyre pressure, ride height and camber, castor make a world of difference. Expensive changes are likely to be dash instruments(£300), brakes (£350), tyres (£400), rims (£250) and potentially ecu (£150-600) so bear that in mind when picking a car.

Regarding boot space........ just how many prostitutes are you planning on killing? :shok:

Edited by alfaGTA

Blimey, the mods on here seem to be very laid back (which is always a good thing). Every other forum I have been on in the past would have told the two off for arguing on a newbie's first thread! I don't mind, just a little distracting to hi-jack a thread aimed at asking purely for information, do you not think??

I do think the arguing generates a poor impression, but the piss-taking that follows should make up for it. :drinks:

Guest alfaGTA

Looks like a good base car, it has all the mod cons if you want to tour and if not you can whip them all out and go minimalist race spec.... No mention of ecu in the advert so i'd probe him on that, i'd expect a megajolt to be tucked away behind the dash on the bulkhead.

Good luck with the viewing and don't forget to let us know how you get on :drinks:

plenty of cars on pistonheads at the min for £5000 from hoods to mks to westys its a buyers market at the min you should get a pretty good car for that money. arguements aside hoods are generaly bigger than most 7 and are also heavier and have well known handling issues if you are after a tourer than ok if you want a potential track / fast road car then look at zeros mk westfield etc these also are acceptable tourers

Guest zoomzoom

I think I saw that red zero with yellow suspension at the stoneleigh show. Didn't look too bad at all

Let us know how it's goes also you dont need a robin hood/GBS to join the club and join in with the events.

Marcus.

Think it may have been built local to me. If so, it's a nice build, was built with pinto, then upgraded to zetec.

Nick

Edited by Pond

Welcome on board. The cycle wings are the standard ones you get in the kit. The ones with the flat tops cost extra. Looks like a nice car for the money and even if you went up to £5k I still think it would be a good buy. The V5 Should say RH Zero or even GBS Zero. Good luck tomorrow.

well, I'm going to view it at midday tomorrow! He isn't a member on here and said he will take a 'reasonable offer over £4500'!

£4501 it is then! :rofl:

Could be a bargain?!

Could someone give me some clues as to what I should look for please?

I did notice that the cycle wings look different to the other zeros i have seen on the web, they are circular and don't have a 'dent/flat spot' in them. Also no indicators on them.

I will ask to see the V5, I presume it should say RH Zero?

cheers

Andy

it should say gbs not rh robinhood went bust, the zero

came later on from the new company gbs if it says rh its a ringer that has been built using an old rh as its identity (no iva)

i've already looked it up via ASK MID, v5 details are correct :)

I don't think it's the car nick and i were thinking of as i don't think that would come up as a zero.

As long as there's no sign of bent chassis tubes / accident damage, you can't go wrong at that price. Check the quality of build is up to scratch and it drives well, but in terms of features it's well worth the money.

i've already looked it up via ASK MID, v5 details are correct :)

I don't think it's the car nick and i were thinking of as i don't think that would come up as a zero.

As long as there's no sign of bent chassis tubes / accident damage, you can't go wrong at that price. Check the quality of build is up to scratch and it drives well, but in terms of features it's well worth the money.

Edited by Pond