Fuel Sender

Guest danny_samb

Guest danny_samb

Jusg filled the tank up and it appears to be weeping around the sender, dry the petrol off and it appears on top of the sender again, can't see where it's coming from no drips etc, only thing I can think of its not sealing properly and it's somehow getting on top of the sender

Have you got any photos? It could be a hairline crack in the metal pipes that come out of the sender. It could be, if you have used rubber pipe comming off the sender, that this pipe is not sealing or is not fuel grade.

Photos would help

Nige

I bought sheets off cork and nitrile rubber off eBay and cut out a new gasket set.

Cork first then nitrile.

I also made 2 small metal bars to spread the clamping force between pairs of studs

Edited by Snapperpaul

Guest danny_samb

Can I use, rubber o rings and locktite on the bolts going into the tank, or fibre washers, think the fuel is coming up the bolt not the seal around the sender

Guest mower man

Is the sender on the top of the tank ? ,can't see how fuel is getting past the mtg screws ,unless the tank is not sitting correctly in the chassis unless you have managed to fill the tank and the filler pipe to the brim i.e. over full ! [this does not happen on RH tanks in my experience] mower man

If this car is going to IVA it may be requested " fill to brim" besides if it leaks "brim full & stationary" it will for sure leak when cornering. On my 2B tank the studs were not fixed or supplied;just the 4 fixing holes around the sender hole.