Window Washers

Guest greengrass

Relax. All is good. Even the car is good today with the sun shining and its cam belt no longer trying to climb off the front of the pulleys. New cam belt was Basil. (That's Devon rhyming slang for Fawlty.) Never mind!

I have downloaded the wiring picture from GBS and had a look. Not what I had hoped. OK for building the zero but no info on how it's wired. Which is fair enough. It's supposed to be for people building a zero! I shouldn't expect GBS to go to the lengths of drawing a full diagram just for me to play with.

Nigel

Guest greengrass

Help. Still no joy with the washer pump. Even tryed a diffent stalk.. allthought I have since found out it works with the ignition in the 1 st poistion. But not in second eeekkkkk

Guest greengrass

Help. Still no joy with the washer pump. Even tryed a diffent stalk.. allthought I have since found out it works with the ignition in the 1 st poistion. But not in second eeekkkkk

was the second stalk you tried exactly the same type?, you will have to check the pin out numbers, especially connection 31.

the switches are supplied "modified" for each switching type, that is why they come attached to the sub loom. you can not assume that another switch plugged into the sub loom will work correctly, or at all.

working on accessories position is interesting, indicates that the system is connected. in the loom. need to test something when I can get to the garage, but in the meantime, you have already swapped around the six smaller relays, try swapping the two under the other cover further away from the fuses.

one is the main isolator relay, the other is the fan relay.

don't think it will make much difference but it will give you something to do whilst I test a possible theory.

regards

Guest greengrass

Yes the stalk was the same i think. It had the 90BG pre fix any way. i will switch the other two relays around has soon has im back in garage and try that. it works the same with either stalk on at the moment.

cheers

think I have the answer.

using attached,

remove washer pump relay

you will find four slots in the relay mounting, containing the four terminals that match the relay. two are vertical, from fuse-board end to opposite, and two are horizontal, left to right

make up a short length of wire, approx 40mm, and crimp on a male spade terminal on each end

push one of these terminals into the vertical slot closest to the horizontal terminals and the terminal on the other end of the wire into the horizontal terminal furthest away from the fuses.

should now work correctly

check it out and let me know

Untitled1.pdf

fuse board.pdf

Guest greengrass

Knights templar I owe you a pint wire in and job done . Pump now works in all key positions . Seen this on other posts but only to cure wiper motors running all the time .once again thanks