Rolling Road

johnhetherington

Taking my 2B Plus to Red Line Tuning in Basildon on Monday to have it all set up on the rolling road.

Spending the weekend making sure everything is tight and I dont have the embarrassment of bits falling off.

A friend of mine is bringing his trailer over as it hasn't yet passed the IVA

If anyone has any words of wisdom or suggestions of what I should be doing in preperation then they will be gratefully received.

Why do I feel nervous, or is it excitement.

Fingers crossed

Cheers

John

http://www.johnskitcar.com

post-2376-0-13130600-1346521067_thumb.jpg

Hi

had a quick look at the car on your blog, both look good.

from your IVA section I would assume you have covered everything, but have seen problems with pattern of those head lights, rear fog looks low from pics, and is it at 90 deg? also if the gear shift surround is over 3mm high it must have a 2.5mm radius edge.

it isn't a rolling road you need for IVA, just a gas analyser, save your money until after the test.

tune for emissions, if you are going age related that should be easier enough, even on webber's.

have it tuned for performance when the test is done.

2B has a number of "problems" where the IVA is concerned, good luck

Thanks for those comments, had me worried about the height of the rear fogs, just checked and they are 300mm off the floor to the cemtre of the lamp, regs max 900 min 250 so OK on that, I was aware of the vertical reg and had fitted a spacer to make them upright.

Not sure what do you mean about the pattern of the head lights,

The reason I am putting it on a rolling road is that it will idle OK but coughs and splutters like a pig when I rev it so would not be able to get it runnnig properly for the IVA.

Dont know about the gear surround will have to check, I did buy it from Car Builder Solutions but thats no guarantee.

You are right that the 2B had a number of problems, biggest being the seat belt mounts but I think I have got over that

Thanks for taking the time to send me your observations, anything else you spot I would be grateful, better to correct now than after the IVA

Cheers and thanks for your help

John

John,

Hope the rolling road goes well for you tomorrow.

It may be worth asking some of the Kent members to pop over and give your car the once over before IVA.

I am sure that a few post IVA cars will turn up, (one from Ramsgate anyway), so you can crawl over and take notes/pics etc..

Will only cost you a cuppa and hobnobs

The offer is there and it's worth asking, benefit of paid up membership ;) ;) ...

Al