Pinto Injection

Guest GYH

hi folks

doin an pinto injection and have it all wired up but have a few loose wires and need help to see where they go ...... the wires from the ecu (eec -1v ) a black -green from point 10 ? and a brown -white from point 30 ? where do they go?

also the dizzy has 3 to the ecu, a green to the neg coil ,a black ignition feed, and a loose blue -black which i dont know where it goes?

sorry for the confusion im using a standard ohc 2ltr injection engine and injection system so its the standard ecu ,injectors etc from the 89 sierra . hope this helps .

Graeme

Edited by GYH

Guest peter2b2002

pin 10 bn/gn goes to the oil pressure switch, i think the other wire from the dizzy goes to the map sensor (its a black box 4x2x 3/4 " with a big plug on one end , should be on a heat sink) pin 30?? , bn/w on my old notes it says cat test???? could be something to do with an auto box

peter2b

Hi there when I wired my injection system from a 1986 donor, there was a black/blue wire from the dizzy (6 pin plug on dizzy) which was a crank sense wire and it connected to the starter solenoid wire. I think this acts to boost the spark when cranking. I also have an old magazine article on diagnostics for this engine and it states pin 10 an 30 are for A/C and auto gearbox, however I can't confirm this the two Haynes manuals I have don't follow these ccts to their ends?

Jez