Rubbish Brakes

Well, my car finally made a trip to a local garage today to have a bit of a pre IVA inspection. All went well apart from the brakes. The servo hose is collapsing as I have used the wrong type of hose, so whilst I've got equal braking I've got low efficiency. I know I could remove the servo, but it will be easier to replace the hose I think.

Sort this and I have no excuses left to stop me submitting it for the IVA test :rolleyes:

post-1031-0-39827100-1353675360_thumb.jpg

Thanks for replies, I had been thinking about the NRV being the right way round.as pipe was collapsing between NRV and manifold

Garage owner has put cars through SVA test, I got emissions sorted, checked steering alignment was able to drive car round, check self centering and a second opinion on everything so worthwhile for me.

Cheers

Guest peter2b2002

where abouts in cheshire are you? i'm near whitchurch if you need a hand, is the servo bracket ridgit i had to brace it as it moved when braking - giving poor braking as the pedle hit the fire wall

peter2b

Good thought, but my pedal box is braced with an idea pinched off Steve in Stockport

post-1031-0-92841200-1353770916_thumb.jpg

so I don't think its that, but I will check that its not fouling on anything.

Thanks for the offer, but I'm the other side of Cheshire in Macc - I've got a few things to try before I am stumped

Cheers

Nige