1.8 Pinto With 32/36 Weber Carb

Guest Tazza67

Guest Tazza67

Bedford to Cornwall;that's one hell of a long garden path between house & garage. On a helpful note you must travel down/up on the A303 ?? if so we are just a few miles off it, near Stonehenge & happy to help with any cut & shut needed on metal work.

Cheers for that!

Although I am an M1, M4 followed by the A30 person. But a detour might be worked into the plan occasionally :)

The bracket on the carb appears to have a holding mechanism to stop it being rotated but I will have a look tomorrow, hoping that will be the easy solution!

More to follow on this...

Another bit of help needed and probably a couple of simple questions:

Where does this connect to...

1st up the 90degree pipe from the intake manifold?

IMAG1660-1.jpg

2ndly below the thermostat the rather rusty and short pipe pointing upwards?

IMAG1661.jpg

Finally for now what I presume is a vacuum pipe to the vacuum advance on the distributor (but I am not running an advance)

IMAG1663.jpg

Once again thanks for the help so far and for the future advice!

the first pic the elbow is for the water pipe if you are running auto choke will send a pic to your email of mine and the rusty one is a water pipe will also send pic to your email and yes that is the vacuum pipe :db:

Guest Tazza67

but looking at your pics you are running manual choke so the elbow and rusty pipe will only need blocking off in my opinion

Cheers Stuart

Yer I am going with the manual choke I presumed from this it would be a case of connecting the elbow to the rusty pipe but wasn't sure, what will it aide or take away?

Isn't the 90deg elbow out from water heating the manifold the water having been fed direct from the cylinder head into the manifold. Usually then taken to the auto choke and then the car heater and finally back to the inlet for the water-pump, small rusty stub ringed. The larger part of this fitment is the return from the bottom of the radiator.

I would advise putting in the pipe, as that was how it was designed, to link manifold elbow with water-pump stub even when no auto-choke or heater is fitted as it also acts as warm-up by-pass while the stat is closed, giving some circulation in the head and avoiding hotspots.

post-21-0-73321100-1355021426_thumb.jpg