Any One Good With Wiring?

theduck

I'm sat looking at the wiring for my dash, and tbh I don't know where to start. I have my dash itself wire up ready to go in, but it's the car side that's confusing me. I've spent hours looking at wiring guides and can find nothing that relates to what I have in front of me. The connector labeled 'dash pod' by the previous builder has a 13 pin plain on it, and as far as I can find should be either 12 or 16. Subsequently I can't for the life of me work out how to work out which wire does what and so how to wire it into my dash.

As I type this I have spotted another connector labeled warning light strip. I also have 4 other smaller connectors that aren't labeled.

My horn, stalks and ignition I have figured out. So now, I have 2 connectors that are obviously to so with the dash but need help with sorting them out to fix to the new dash.

I will take some photos now and post them up. Though if there are any kind members in the local area who fancy lending a hand next weekend with sorting it out it would be greatly appreciated. Of cause there would be as much tea as you could drink along with sausage and bacon sandwiches.

easiest way to start, do continuity tests for your main signal wires, rev counter, oil lights, etc etc, get those labelled up. see whats left, not any easy task to descried in text

Thanks mark. That leaves me on the dash pod a blue/black, grey/green (2wires into 1 pin) and red/white.

Also I don't have brown/black, brown/white, brown/grey, grey/yellow or green

Which is making me think that guide is wrong for mine. Also according to that guide I have 4 indicator connections?

Edit to say on the warning light connector I do have brown white and brown black. Though also have on there black pink, brown yellow, brown res, and brown green

So, the plot thickens. Decides to nip out while swmbo wasn't looking and test this out. First off tested my circuits to make sure they wired, I was using dash illumination as the test. So connected straight to battery and dash lights up. Tries then with a more suitably positioned earth for testing, Lights up. Tried against wiring colour following link mark posted, doesn't light up tries against every pin in the plug. Still doesn't light up. Checked all fuses and all ok :(

Edit to say yes I had turned te lights on!

So it now transpires that the wiring to the headlights also is no longer working (it was working previously with headlights I removed). Tried my new headlights tonight and got nothing when going through the loom but all lights worked connected straight to the battery. Rear driving light works although is too bright though I suspect wired incorrectly. Question is, if a relay has failed would this affect both dash illumination and headlight function? All fuses checked and ok.