Number Plate

Guest deep purple

Guest deep purple

Whats everyone doing about front number plate position. Can you still get away with stick on numbers on top of the nosecone.I have just painted my car and am wondering if i can get away with it and plead ignorance. Whats your opinions please.

Colin

Mr. Purple, a lot of people just use stick on plates and get away with it, including an ex MOT inspector who I met at a recent meeting but I can't remember his name. I have a conventional plate loosely mounted under the nose cone which gets bashed a lot.

Peter.

If you have a stick-on numberplate on top of the nose cone it may be necessary to temporarily fit a proper plate for MOT's if your testing station is tough. Don't know about SVA. Is it tested or is there a catch all statement something like, 'any fitment which is not permitted under current RTA and/or is in the opinion of the inspecting officer considered to be a hazard and is not covered by specific exemptions, blah blah...' Anyone know?

Nigel

I took my car for the SVA without any number plates on as the car was not registered so I did not have a reg. no. to put on it. The only thing I had was the rear no. plate light on Richards P clip (well padded around the edges).

The tester didn't make any comment about number plates.

I have since fitted my front plate on the front of the nose cone just below the grill, seems ok up to now.

Guest Brynjon

Mine has a sticky on number plate. Working at a Police Station has not caused me any problems with it. All I seem to get are lots of oohs and ahs. Saying that I have just got it and I am sure there will be one of my colleagues who has something to say about it.

I can testify that aca not b's being one myself.

Regards to all.

Bryn