Dvla Incompetence Yet Again

Stewart

Four weeks ago went to Birmingham DVLA to register and tax my Zero presented the forms was told the one form that they had sent me was wrong as it had the wrong coloured stripe down the side (the only difference)filled in corrected form payed for registration and road tax and was told paper work will be sent to Swansea you should hear something in about two weeks.Two weeks passed nothing,three weeks nothing tried inquiring to be told no action until at least six weeks had expired.Four weeks passed decided to try to bypass the system rang DVLA and tried all the press number 1 etc till I found one that actually rang a phone line when answered told them the problem which they obviously said I had the wrong department and they would put me through to the right department,when I got through only to be told that they could not help without a registration number but would contact the Birmingham office and they would ring me back within two hours.About an hour later a young lady rings says she from the Birmingham office and that they are awfully sorry for the delay but the lady who deals with these left and then the person who took over had gone off sick,what a load of b*****ks end result is now have to taqke it back to Birmingham on the eighteenth of this month for them to inspect it and they still cannot tell me if the registration will be issued then.Have you ever met such an incompitant load of morons.

Guest Tim Norman

Did that on Monday, no problem!

I was surprised at how many of the people in the line in fron of me had expensive trainers and phones and there were quite a few BMW's parked outside!

I must have been in the cheap line!

Hi

DVLA Swansea were pretty appalling when I dealt with them on a medical matter but my local office in Peterborough were outstanding when I had an enquiry about a vehicle registration. I dealt with them only by letter and the longest it took for them to reply to me was about five days. As to a worse organisation, the company I work for has the most crap management without a doubt. I won't name them but they have a lot of red vans and their most famous employee is called Pat.

got my reg number today, had the dvla inspection yesterday, so you should get it on the 19th... (thats if it passes inspection.. which it should)

What did they actually inspect?/

Guest coops222

as the duck said.... took 5 mins. there was a police man and a bloke from the dvla... ticked the boxes and they were off.

now im working for the next 4 weekends and wont get much of a chance to take it out... :sorry: