Polishing Stainless Bits

Guest Phil_neast

Guest Phil_neast

Hi,

anyone got any methods for taking scratches out of the stainless? my S7 is 21 years old now and is shiny but close up its shows the polishing scratches of the years gone by. I doubt i will ever get it back to perfect, but its either get it a lot better or a vinyl wrap. I have looked at a few youtube videos of wet and drying and then polishing back, but the thought of getting that wrong scares the life out of me..

thanks

Phil.

Guest mower man

Just clean it and then wax I doubt you would ever get any thing like a finish I use good glass cleaner and any GOOd wax HTH mowerman

Guest Phil_neast

Definately think I'm going to try a wrap, thinking Matt black to compliment the yellow nose and rear wings. I think I might need about 6 meters

You could rub down with "Scotchbrite" an have a "brushed" finish as I did with Florin; 'cause there were so many build scratches that as said above are impossible to remove.People think she is ally panelled & ask how we keep it from oxydising. Might be worth seeing if Terry is free for a day or 3; he likes POLISHING.

Guest marsbar

I bought a polishing kit from Toolstation, consist of 3 round polishing wheels and red and green polish.

Have had a go on the wheel arch and it is posible to get a good finish, but on a small area.

To do a large area you would need a lot of patients.

Did a better job on my alloy wheel though.

There was some one advertised on Gumtree in the North East as being to Polish anything he had examples of what he could do and he was good.