Gbs Zero Radiator

kevin the chicken

Hi,

Could somebody with a Zero utilising one of GBS's radiators as advertised on the kitspares website tell me which way the inlet and outlets are positioned( ie is the bottom hose on the left or right) please. These rads seem to be the right size for a replacement for my car and I want to order one pronto as long as the tubes are in the right place. Typically this isn't shown up by the photo's on their website. I need them the right way round as I refuse to buy any more pieces of hose, my garage is full of them! Thanks

Kevin

• 3 weeks later...
Guest foxtrot

I ordered the kitspares rad without the cap to get better clearance in the nose cone I have covered a thousand miles with it and it sprang a leak. So I spoke to Gbs and they said regardless of mileage the rad only comes with six months warranty so I popped it into raysons radiators to take a look and they said it's a cortina radiator with the top tank removed and swapped for another bottom tank so it's got two bottoms. They repaired it in a day apparently it was leaking from a bad solder on the replaced tank. They had to remove it clean it up refit and pressure test it. Which cost me another £42 on top of what the radiator cost. Not best pleased.

The radiator took over two weeks to arrive only getting to me on thursday this week. It was showing as being available on the website when ordered but when I didnt hear anything about it after a couple of days I looked on the website and saw that it was out of stock. Perish the thought that they should get in touch. When I phoned they didnt seem too apologetic about it either.

I can well believe that it is a ford rad as the brackets are very similar to the old one. I have never heard of any new item only having six months warranty, reconditioned yes but thats a new one on me. I think if that had been me then I would be pursuing them for some money back through the small claims court if needed! We challenged somebody (cant remember who) on a washing machine that was just out of warranty with success as the expectation is that spending that amount of money on something you expect it to last for some time not just 12 months

On a positive note I put it in yesteday and although it was slightly different in size to the old one it fitted in the same holes!

Regards

Kevin