Worth A Look?

Guest Padfoot

Guest Padfoot

I am currently looking for a weekend car and a bit of a project. Before jumping in at the deep end, I thought I would get some advice from people in the know!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Robin-Hood-Kit-Car-unfinished-project/190865179478?_trksid=p5197.m1992&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D14%26meid%3D8921965657548237330%26pid%3D100015%26prg%3D1006%26rk%3D1%26sd%3D190865179478%26

This came up on ebay and looked like a good project and local although I understand it will need an IVA and bits will need changing.

What are people’s views? Is it going to be more trouble than it’s worth? I am reasonably handy with a spanner but I'm a bit worried I maybe biting off more than I can chew :-p

Advice appreciated!

Thanks.

Guest Padfoot

I'm looking for a car to use on the road not just track although it will be used on track. Adding 1k+ and my time seems barely worth it if you can buy a car for £3k....

Thanks for the advice so far

buy one done then strip it and do it how you want it if you not happy how it is I have done mine that way and not finished it yet as the paint needs redoing lol but just driving it to enjoy over summer then can do stuff over winter.

Definitely too much money. Although that is further along the build than mine was you would have to redo a lot and I paid a third less and still feel I over paid slightly, even then it will be £3k on the road if I had been as tight as possible on getting it finished. I haven't been though so will be more like £4k once registered. Don't tell the wife though...