Brake Lights

Stewart

I drilled 5 small holes in mine and fitted leds in proper clips . virtually unnoticeable when off.

easily doable in double hoops.

Have you any photo`s and can you give part number and were obtained etc

I have ten red LEDs 9000mcd wavelenght 620-630nm Mcd 7000---9000 Vf(V) 2.0--max 12v if I install these attached to the existing brake lights as they have resistors do I need extra fuses or anything else

Are these 470 Ohm resistors? this will give you around 21mA per LED with a 10 volt drop across the resistor.

Don't plug raw LEDs across the battery, you'll just blow them immediately. (And LEDs only work one way. If you try the LED and resistor in series across the battery and it doesn't light up, swap the terminals.)

The Vf given is the maximum forward voltage drop the LED can handle, so you NEED the resistors if they haven't already got them.

Usually around 20mA per LED

You would not need a fuse as they are usually much higher than the max current of an LED anyway. If they are going into the brake circuit, that fuse will be ok for the circuit.

Simon.

Are these 470 Ohm resistors? this will give you around 21mA per LED with a 10 volt drop across the resistor.

Don't plug raw LEDs across the battery, you'll just blow them immediately. (And LEDs only work one way. If you try the LED and resistor in series across the battery and it doesn't light up, swap the terminals.)

The Vf given is the maximum forward voltage drop the LED can handle, so you NEED the resistors if they haven't already got them.

Usually around 20mA per LED

You would not need a fuse as they are usually much higher than the max current of an LED anyway. If they are going into the brake circuit, that fuse will be ok for the circuit.

Simon.

The resistors came allready attached to the LEDs