Serious,oap Convicted

Guest rizla

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest brummy-ade

do you come to the meet at the malt shovel?? ive been once but start a new job in 4 weeks so hours will be better and allow me to attend more meets

Guest timswait

I thought the police were now obliged to paint the cameras high vis yellow and put up warning signs in areas where they're used. What's the difference between these official signs and this guy's unofficial one? (apart from being a bit more specific, but it certainly seemed to slow people down more effectively than the speed trap itself)

Guest Andy Rathbone

his sign was less specific than the ones on the A5 from Atherstone towards hinkley, the Royal Red Gate crossing, it says 100yrds.....50yrds ...... then wow what a suprise there is the camera. B) i agree with the position of this the crossing of the A5 by the A444 is a realy bad spot, and people have died there. i agree with the Rev :wub: , inappropriate speeding is bad, but how a previously 60mph road can suddenly become dangerous at 40 strikes me as a little odd. unless its rain hard or snowing of course. :ph34r:

bring in the Danish road rules!!!! pedestrians are only allowed on the road at marked pedestrian crossing and only when the lights indicate they can cross otherwise its an on the spot fine. that would make people look carfully before crossing.

i live near a school and the oppertunity to speed at chuckin out time would be nice :gdit: what happend to kids walking to school??? cuts obesity gets them fresh air, oh yes sorry i forgot its everybody else being dropped off, they might get run over. MAKE KIDS WALK TO SCHOOL (if its not more than 1.5-2 miles) lets not be unreasonable. didnt do me any harm.

soap box put away now. :D (till next time)

I Appreciate the views on the dangers of speeding, but to victimise this chap performing a public service (IMHO) and handing out a motoring conviction for a non motoring offence is ludicrous.

I'm with the dizzy chap from earlier on.

Lee

Guest jawald

Having spent 30 odd years cutting people (dead and alive ) out of the carnage of road incidents I tend to agree that this guy was probably doing a public service - if for slightly wrong reasons - the police have a 'blank' job to do and will never be the darlings of us public 'cos they are a pain when we transgress 'just that once'. My mob the fire and rescue service are seen to be ok (unless we're on strike) 'cos we are seen as the cavalry. Carry on speeding ( in a hood the accelaration is the buzz) - within limits - keep sober is my message. Sorry for the serious head on :lol: :lol:

Guest bugsy

Hi All,

I have been reading this thread with interest.

I live on a back road in quite a busy town in Lancashire, the road i live on is used as a cut through to avoid traffic lights and speed bumps elsewhere during rush hour, the speed of some of the people who use the road are scary, I had 2 cats but unfortunately one got killed last week by one such prat who must have been doing around 45mph down our road, there are lots of children who play around the area and its only a matter of time before one is run over and badly injured or worse.

I had the idea of having a campaign of putting some "SIGNS" up on lampposts warning people of the danger of what they are doing, I am not a busy body and i do not have kids of my own but i wouldn’t like to imagine what it must be like to lose a child in this way.

What is the difference between what this chap has done and what i would like to do???

Anyhow sorry to go on!

Rant over

Bugsy :)

Guest daveg

Bugsy

It seems that so long as you don't deprive the council or police out of any revenue you should be ok...

I just love driving around at 20 mph just to stop the idiots :lol: when they try to cut 10 seconds off their time to get to work by driving past our local school at the maximum speed they can (if I wasn't in their way)

Dave

PS why not buy a car from an auction for £1 - £10, insure for tpo, drive along your road at just under the speed limit, then wait for one of those idiots in there expensive car to tailgate you....and slam on the brakes :lol: then claim all the damage from their insurance :D

Guest Battery Bill
I just love driving around at 20 mph just to stop the idiots  when they try to cut 10 seconds off their time to get to work

Good its not only me :lol: :lol:

I do notice that in the village I live in there is quite a lot of speeding goes on despite constant complaints and nothing is done, :angry: :angry: BUT in Nettleham which is a couple of miles away and is home to the Police HQ and a lot of resident top rankers no doubt they often have the trailers warning of your speed, Nothing else mind you! I occasionally go past the hq on the way home and it is obviously their kicking out time too and you should see how many are chatting on mobiles :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Whilst I'm on a rant another thing that annoys me re the Feds is that one time I saw a few coppers chasing a few kids past a local quarry (apparently the kids had set fire to a skip) but as I went on my way into town there was 2 other cop cars Absolutely screaming up the 30 mph limit at probably 60+ lights blazing etc. Now this road goes past a school, lots of shops and is in the heart of a residetial area! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Was it really worth these hero's risking killing someone just to catch a couple of kids who had been playing with matches? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Guest jawald

wow there!!!!! Cops are not saints but have a blank job to do . If you get a call you dont know what has gone down till you get there. Hindsight is is a great thing emergency services don't have that at the time of call. Some jerk racing ( trained and regularly tested) along in a police /fire/ambulance car may be about to save YOUR bacon or someone close to you. Basically, buttout on the knocking the emergency services. The alternative is that - their not available. 'cos they get too much manure for caring. :gdit: :gdit: :gdit: :gdit: :gdit: :gdit:

Guest AWhite

Sounds like they really wanted to punish him, I wonder if he was all arsey when he went in to see them.

Think of the financial implications of being banned on insurance and being 71. He might as well give up driving.

Here's another good one:

Andy

post-11-1086865303.jpg

Guest Battery Bill
Basically, buttout on the knocking the emergency services

I'm not complaining about the fire or Ambulance service I am talking about the some Daft policemen who think its worth risking others lives just to catch some kids :angry: :angry:

about to save YOUR bacon or someone close to you

Or being to busy on other things like is the norm :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Some jerk racing ( trained and regularly tested)

So does this training include speeding down roads full of kids then? well as far I am concerned they should not speed like they were obviously doing then it will not be putting inocent lives at risk more than necessary. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Guest bugsy

Jawald

wow there!!!!! Cops are not saints but have a blank job to do

Who are you trying to kid, I have seen "Operation Good Guys" on TV. :p

You will be telling me its not real next!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :p