Serious,oap Convicted

Guest rizla

Guest jawald

Everything in life is a balance - cops and other emergency service people should be (are) trained to make a risk assessment of the 'shout' their going to - its never acceptable to cause more grief than the call taken. Sometimes the call states big life threatening problems and turns out to be a hoax, but the driver can't assume its a hoax 'till he/she gets there. I guess the 'I shot him' scenario explains that. The people responding to that might well have thought that further lives where at risk - and that their own might be ( good reason to go at legal speed!!! :D :D )

The bottom line is that everyone is fallable and although I got arsey inmy last post I guess that the occasional slagging off might improve that risk assessment process. I've certainly had to *bleep* over zealouse drivers in the past.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Battery Bill
I guess that the occasional slagging off might improve that risk assessment process

But James, nobody is slagging you off! As you said before everyone likes the fire service :D :D

Its the Police that this thread is aimed at , and my comments are from personal experience of a particular event. :wacko:

The fact you mentioned that the police do not know what the "Shout" is about and therefore zoom at m,ax speed to see what is going on! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Well this is Lincolnshire there is very little real bad things go on :rolleyes:

(Touch wood) perhaps that is why the henious crime of setting fire to a skip in the middle of nowhere is deemed to be worth the lives of a few children mown down by a mad policeman on the way to apprehend the perportrators of this henious crime :lol: :lol:

Chill man :D :D

Guest jawald

Cheers for that Bill. I know this sounds a bit 'perfect world' but if you have serious issues with the local cops being cavalier - you can make a complaint that will be investigated. You needn't make it confrontational but simply put the case that you have genuine concerns - sometimes this is all the management need to instill a bit of common to the people concerned. and I promise to visit you in nick when they bust you for being in charge of a spanner - James :D :D :D

Guest jawald

Get your drift Bill - great topic - hope to meet you to discuss furthure perhaps at Newark? in the meantime - don.t have nightmares - not everyone is a frenzied cateringvan owner :D :D Hey jest thought perhaps cvans are the car of choice for cops - they certainly get enough dosh to own one. Explains everything :lol: :lol: