Advice On Buying A Mk2 2.0 Pinto Based Car Needed Urgently

Guest Neonkid

one final bit and then I'm done......

The Dutton Owners club are also really hot on this and any incorrectly registered car they come across (i.e. Robin hood or anything else registered as a Dutton) then they report it to the "powers that be". There have been a few kitcars crushed by the authorities as a result of Dutton's proactive attitude towards this.

Yes, £1K for some track fun and you'd be doing nothing wrong!! Just take the reg plates off it to avoid any kind of confusion.

and if you wanted to try and make it road legal.......there are plenty of members in this club who would be willing to help give advice etc....it has been done so it's not impossible

I realise that you've not had much positive feedback from your original post....but that's because we would'nt want to see another poor unsuspecting sole end up stuck with a "ringer" that they can't do want they wanted to do with it!!

I hope you find what you're after and best of luck :)

Guest Neonkid

I have done some reasearch and it is def listed as a dutton, the dvla seem to think that it is legal in thier eyes and would happily transfer it into another prsons name.

Also called Adrian Flux for a quick chat who were of the opinion it can be insured as a dutton and in fact had been insured for years with them at some point and being a lotus 7 copy kit car type would not bother them.

I will give it a miss and see if I can wait for the right thing, even though i am tempted :80:

On the other hand if it is correctly registered you may get a good buy, kit cars all depend on the build quality. As it is painted it most likely is made from Zintec? not stainless so will probably be less prone to the cracking problems previously mentioned. Take some pictures and post them on here mostly front suspension and in the engine bay. Oops too late

I have done some reasearch and it is def listed as a dutton, the dvla seem to think that it is legal in thier eyes and would happily transfer it into another prsons name.

Also called Adrian Flux for a quick chat who were of the opinion it can be insured as a dutton and in fact had been insured for years with them at some point and being a lotus 7 copy kit car type would not bother them.

I will give it a miss and see if I can wait for the right thing, even though i am tempted :80:

Ask yourself why did the builder not have the confidence to put it through IVA (or SVA)? Poor build quality? Why has the present owner really hardly driven it? Could be the same reason - poor build quality? I would not have it as a gift to be blunt!!!

It may well be the case that the person on the end of the phone didn't fully understand the scenario....lets be truthful....dvla aren't the brightest bunch....especially over the telephone!!!

The truth would be unearthed in the event of an investigation....of which it would been deemed an illegal car as it has not been registered properly. At that point...Adrian flux would run for the hills regardless of how long its been insured and you'd be in a heap of dodo!!

You did the right thing giving it a miss!! Best of luck with your search!!

Guest chris brown

glad to see you did the right thing in the end, best of luck with finding a good one

Guest mower man

I honestly would not waste your time ! if the guy selling it don't know what it is he's probably been screwed himself and is wanting to get out of it . I think it's a marriage of bits as the top front wish bones are def Rh but body work don't look right ,there could be a number of things that are not correct as said if you throw money at it you could poss make some thing of it but i get the feeling you are working to a budget? ,leave well alone and check out for sale sites on here.,Locost etc there will be a glut of cars soon as summer fades my ops only mower man :acute: