Help! Any Legal Bods On Here?

Shaft

Guest peter2b2002

find some newts or bats, either that or do wot #6 whiz said or as i did ,the field next to us had planning for 6 homes endid up with 14,so we sold 1/2 the garden as a building plot then sold the house and moved up northish

peter2b

Got the meeting with the council tonight.

Fingers crossed there should be near on a hundred protesters Outside helping our fight.

We also have several people booked in to actually speak at the end to get across our opposition and petition to the councillors.

I doubt the arrogant, smug, rhymes with Anchors will even listen but wish us luck anyway. :)

We've had a similar situation last year near to us in Tamworth - a developer applied to put 130 houses on an area of green open space about 500m away from where I live. None of the local residents want it there and an action group was formed to oppose it.

We wrote objection letters, went to meetings and raised opposition on a number of fairly valid points like increased traffic flow on an already busy road, extra strain on local resources like schools and doctors, less areas of open space in the town etc. All the developer could say was it offered more housing in the area. In the end when it went to the planning committee vote, it was split 50 / 50 so the chairman used his casting vote to approve it anyway.

Further appeals can be made but from this point it would start to get costly to oppose and the developer know it, so effectively it now a done deal.

In the grand scheme of things the development won't have a massive effect on me, at least not compared to HS2 Phase 2, which I recently found out will pass within about 180m of my house!! Naturally I'm really opposed to this, I don't see it offers any real benefit (certainly not to me) and not the the UK as a whole unless you want to commute from Leeds to London 30 minutes quicked that you can currently and the cost benefits to the economy just seem to be figures pulled out of the air.

The completed route will mostly be in tunnels and cuttings so the actual disruption from it when it's finished is likely to be quite small, my main concern is the effect such a massive project will have on the local area while it's being built and that this will have a huge impact on property prices and saleability.

Good luck with the fight. You biggest problem will be maintaining the initial momentum of peoples opposition if it becomes a long drawn out fight.