Busy Doing A Few Mods This Week

Had no work on this week so got busy on the car,

1, the car was fitted with a facet cube fuel pump and the infamous fuel filter so i decided to change it to the spare silver top i had, A simple job you might think but as with all kit cars mods it wasn't. biggest problem was the fuel outlets being straight which needed to be 90deg so a one day delay whilst i waited for the 90's to be posted. Then the next big problem the pump is knackered it wont raise the pressure beyond 3psi and as soon as you switch the ignition off the pressure drops to zero meaning the seals are gone :sorry: simples i thought get some new seals and repair it, repair kit for pump £42 or brand new pump for £58 (new pump on its way)

2, the head rests on the seats have never been high enough so much so that if i crashed my head would be smashed into the roll bar, now having experienced similar in my 2b with a crash helmet on i know what damage that can do. i decided the best thing to do would be remove the headrests, extend the rods and job done. big problem was that i had to de upholsterer the seat to free the headrest. My thinking was its new seats or have ago at modifying these ones. whilst it was in bits i cut the pad at the bottom in half to drop me lower into the car. Net result the head rest will protect my head if the worst happens. Total cost Nothing.

3, I bought a book on suspension design and modification with a view to improve the car as best i can, so started playing with the tow settings, turns out the car was about 1deg toe out making it unstable in a straight line changed it to 1deg toe in after finding parallel and centering the steering wheel. what a difference in handling the car now stays straight

Just need the new pump to turn up then its off for a big drive to try it all out properly.