Fuel Starvation

Guest danny_samb

Guest danny_samb

Which would be the best to choose, would the 1 that delivers the most be best as will fill the pot quicker if fill the pot to much then it will just overflow back to the fuel tank

Guest chris brown

The swirl pot normally sits full at all times so for normal road use a pump that supplies just a little more than the engine requires under maximum throttle would be fine. But under competition conditions, and no doubt you want to do the odd track day, what you should be looking for, remembering that it may be sucking air some of the time when cornering hard unless you have a foam filled tank is one that pumps more than enough is going to be better than one that supplies just enough.

• 1 month later...
Guest danny_samb

I'v came across a Bosch 0580254044 fuel pump for a price couldn't turn down, would this be suitable for my setup or is it too powerful, I have a facet cube to feed the swirl pot, would this pump be ok to come out the swirl pot and feed the engine or shall I sell it on and get something a tad smaller flow

Bosch 044 is easily able to cope with all you need. And a facet cube is also fine to fill your swirl pot. Just remember no pumps like dirt. So cheap paper inline filter between tank and the facet and a proper micro injection filter between the bosch and the injectors. I would advise against using the facet pre filter as they block easily.

Nigel