Sliding Pillar Bump Stops... What Do You Use?

Guest charliemi16

Guest charliemi16

Hi guys,

I'm sure I've seen a post with this in, but I've had a good trawl, and can't find anything.

So, I'm nearly ready to rebuild it all now, but need some lower bump stops.

What do people use?

Thanks

Charlie

Guest Ian Maycock

You will need a rubber section with a woven inner. conveyor belting is the best. It's a rubber, canvas and rubber laminate. This will stop the rubber from spreading too much and splitting.

Any suggestions on where to get hold of a bit of conveyor belt???

Try any out of town shopping centre at 2 or 3 in the morning, I'm sure you'll find some there, just switch it off first....

• 1 month later...

I'm guessing you probably have this sorted by now, but I've been going through the same process and discovered these on Ebay. They were dirt cheap so decided to give them a go. Just fitted them tonight:-

http://www.ebay.co.u...#ht_7369wt_1108

They arrived in less than 5 days and are a nice hard rubber. The 19mm diameter hole in the rubber means its a nice tight fit on the on the 20mm chrome shaft Fitted a large washer with a 20mm hole diameter either side and it seems to be doing the job a treat at the moment. Time will tell of course once the cars on the road but it looks ok to me at the moment. Only downside is they only seem to do them in yellow (which works out nicely for me as my car is going to be black/yellow lol). To be fair though though they aren't all that noticable on the car and once on the road they will probably get filthyblack down there anyway.

Cheers

Tony

stop_zpsaca61ca0.jpg

stop1_zps5658b7e6.jpg

stop2_zps380c8da0.jpg

stop3_zps91b42be6.jpg

stop4_zpsbd7d308d.jpg

• Like 1