Emergency Power Cut Off Foot Switches?

agent_zed

Hi,

Just getting to the stage where i have a few larger shop tools, pillar drills and planers and was thinking about safety

All of the switches require me taking a hand off what i am doing and trying to quickly find the kill switch. a foot pedal would be much better.

I've done a bit of a search but not 100% sure what they are called to get good results. I thought there would be loads on ebay but can't seem to find what i'm looking for.

anyone know where i can get something like that.

thanks

Most foot switches that I came across (back in the dim/distant past when still employed) had change-over switch contacts, so could be wired to switch off on release; could also be wired into control circuit of start/stop circuit of contactor if fitted ;acting as a second stop button when wired in series with machine stop button. Take a look at 190836514761 on e-bay

thanks guys. Sadly think the RS ones are a bit more expensive than i was hoping. I figured it would be such a common type of thing that they would be dirt cheap.

The ebay one looks promising although i don't really want to have it wired so that i have to stand on it to activate it but the other way round. Wonder if i could wire it the other way round?

My machines all switch off when the power is killed so it would still be safe as the machine wouldn't turn back on on release.

thanks

Just need to wire as push to break (or stomp) Maybe for a low cost job wire the foot switch to break the live line in a short extension lead. Chop the lead at mid point/ where-ever suitable & take both ends into the footswitch ; connectors to rejoin neutral & earth conductors & live in & out via the switch.