Fao S7 Owners - Wheel Widths And Offsets

theduck

What are people running on the rear of their S7s? I'm doing some working out on what size to buy and want to make sure I am working it out right.

I think that 15x7 ET35 will be about right, but (13x7 et5 stuck out too far by about 15mm I think but stupidly never measured!) so was thinking et35 would be a safe bet, but not sure now if that will foul anything inside the arch!

For the front the 13x7 et5 were a great fit (due to my wing brackets and cycle wings), unfortunately the wheels I want don't come in an offset that high, the highest being an ET12, so will probably go for those and get a suitable space should it be required.

So, after all that, what do you run at the back, and any thoughts on my potential choices?

Also to add, I am looking at 15s because of availability of good cheap tyres, though my heart still says I should get 13s

Cheers paul I assume they fit ok within the rear arches? I'm also cosseting a 13x6 in et24 in which case I would run 185 rears. Only thing stopping me ordering them is the nearly £900 cost including tyres!

Need to get a price for the team dynamics option, though I don't think the wheel cost will be much different, but tyres will be.

Guest mower man
:crazy: 15x 6.5 with 205 x50 15 with et38 ofset sit under my arches very neatly and personal opinion is that 6.5 are plenty wide enough for the car ,others may differ mower man

I'm running 15x7 with 200/570-15 and ET15 on the front witch is wide enough and 15x8 with 225/580-15 and ET40 on the rear but this could always do with being wider but then i would need bigger arches too.

Mine came with 13 inch 6j with 195/60/14 with an offset of 32, ancient compomotive alloys. That is about all that will fit width ways. I am currently looking for an alternative size wheel as there seems to be very little available quality tyre wise in this size. What is available seems to be quite pricey too so I am hoping that a more popular size will give me a better price and choice. I am hoping to win the lottery too! I havent checked to see if less of an offset will allow a larger tyre on the rear, the cycle wings on the front certainly wont accomodate any more width.

Guest mower man

I'm running 15x7 with 200/570-15 and ET15 on the front witch is wide enough and 15x8 with 225/580-15 and ET40 on the rear but this could always do with being wider but then i would need bigger arches too.

Why do you need them that wide? mowerman

:crazy: 15x 6.5 with 205 x50 15 with et38 ofset sit under my arches very neatly and personal opinion is that 6.5 are plenty wide enough for the car ,others may differ mower man

Wheels I would go for in 15inch don't come in anything less than 7j.

Interesting the difference of opinion on what fits! Kevin any pictures of yours?

Next question What bhp you got and where do call home you must be local to me,------just beeing nosey :crazy: mower man

411 bhp from a supercharged s2000 engine oh and yeah i'm close to you i live at Sutton in Ashfield 20 mins away