Newbie Help

Nicola Roberts

Simple first steps to more power for the Pinto

The injection variant of the head is worth 10bhp possibly more

The Pinto likes higher compression 10.5 max for cast pistons

The way to achieve this is by skimming the head a cheap option is to use a thinner head gasket Rheinz ones are cheap off eBay and increase from 9.2 to 1 to 9.7 to 1 approx

There are 3 cams I would recommend the Kent FR32 is a cracker if you like revs (7000+) and noise

The FR30 and 34 for more torque at normal revs ( 6800 limit)

Guest mower man

Not knocking any of the previous posts ,my advise is get taxed and mot'd and get out in it before any mods or tuning , learn its foibles and progress from there especialy if you are not a profficient spanner bender this is not meant as a downer at all merely freindly advise mower man :crazy:

Hi Dino...TBH, I'm with CMA & Mower Man.....if you're an inexperienced newbie,

fitting bike carbs is not the best place to start.

You could end up missing the summer trying to get them fitted & working right

Get it up & running, looking pretty & drive the wotsits off it this summer, if it ever gets here.

Meet up with a few more Hoodies & blag a few rides in other cars.

You'll soon find out what appeals to you best, then it gives you a project for next winter.

Dont worry, even a standard 2.o pinto is pretty exciting in a Hood.

You wont be disappointed

H Guys i can tell you the Mrs ( me) will not be letting hubby do anything to this car this year it will be going for a MOT test, washed and being driven very carefully by us both lol then when we know what we are doing a bit more will start to upgrade maybe over the winter next year although im sure after visiting Stoneleigh im sure we will both have our note pad and pens to the ready :crazy:

Guest Ian & Carole

H Guys i can tell you the Mrs ( me) will not be letting hubby do anything to this car this year it will be going for a MOT test, washed and being driven very carefully by us both lol then when we know what we are doing a bit more will start to upgrade maybe over the winter next year although im sure after visiting Stoneleigh im sure we will both have our note pad and pens to the ready :crazy:

Perfect, run with the sun, learn all about it and enjoy.

During the year you will begin to know in your own minds what you want from it and then you can plan your winter tinkeritus every year there after.

It will NEVER ben finished!!!