Wiper Blades

Guest olivehood

This could be R Stewart (boss and owner of robin hood sportscars) and his keep it cheep ideas.

Take a 20 inch sierra wiper blabe and cut it in 2 then drill a hole in each cut off bit and bolt to cut down sierra wiper arms.

Any thing to keep the sticker price down.

Suprisingly it worked when the bits under the dash were modded a bit.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Fletch

Hey if your using the sierra wiper spindles with a bolt on tapered thread to arm as I am, ive just been to the scrappers and found 2 fiestas and got wiper arms off both (near side) (off side are angled). im going to use the boss fro these which are the same width and fasten these to the classic mini stainless steel ones ive just bought from bolt on bits, with blades. I think the arms will still need shortening and re bending, but when done il have a classic mini wiper blade (replaceable with one screw) a classic mini wiper arm mated to a fiesta tapered spline boss instead of the Leyland clip on spline.

Edited by Fletch

if you are into modding a bit. for mine i used the sierra wiper motor/spindles and originally used a cut down full blade bolted to the shortened wiper arm (as IanS said above).

But recently decided it would be easier to mod them further so i welded the return loop back onto the shorted arms, so i can use the standard slide on fitting of a wiper blade. The bought some of those modern blade type wipers and cut them down.

So now i have cool looking little blade wipers, which i can take off and on easily (i've made a spare for emergencies) :)