Stoneleigh

Guest Chris.A.

Guest Chris.A.

:o Stoneleigh is but a week or so away, the car isn`t on the road yet (covered in saw dust,somewhere at the back of the garage,.......don`t ask),I haven`t got any tickets,not flushed the spiders out of my kettle,.....but I`ll be there! :D pressure of work (day and night) means I am in a mess and about to panic! + I must contribute to the mag and give Mick Mellors and Dave Knight some support before Tim Norman flicks them with a wet flannel,( :ph34r: sounds good to me :ph34r: ). any more of you HOODIES panicing?

:( :( :(

I know nights are bloody freezing at Stoneleigh, but don`t be tempted to wear ladies tights , like I did one year. ( didn`t get a wink of sleep, couldn`t leave me sen alone, could I? knackered the next day and had sweatrash!)

:unsure: will it be sunny? :unsure:

Guest Chris.A.

:( sorry Jim, not had time to play wi me doo dah , at all ! :(

but might have a chance when the Mrs. buggers off down the shops!!!

I take it , you are self tought !

see you at Stoneleigh?

( and bring an interpreter !.....I can only understand Kev-the SHEEN)

Put-ta-kettle-on -lad-an mek-it -kwik,won-owt-ta-ate?

X Chris.A.

I've got a 48 hour pass too, so I will be there for the duration. I hope to get there on the Saturday night and come home on Monday.

Somebody book the good weather please.

Daz

HI Matt

it's normally cheaper depend's on which show(norrmally quid/ticket) telephone num is 01775 722900 beware CC bookings +30p but today 25th april is last day for ticket's.

Mitch

Guest Bernie

All being well I'll be back in the UK in time for Stoneleigh, in which case I'll be there and look forward to meeting many of you at the show. Unfortunately my build, 2B sliding pilloc, has been on hold for six months now while on overseas assignment. If I do make to the show then I'll be in the Renault box. My enthusiasm for the 2B hasn't waned during my period of isolation, mainly due to the activity on this site and the enthusiasm shown by members. For this I thank you all. However. all those "SVA passed" messages, whilst I congratulate the owners, have p***ed me off because, when I departed UK shores, I had what I estimated as less than a weeks work to do before the test. It would more than likely have resulted in a fail but at least I would have known what to do to get past that milestone. I now have to go back to a build which has sat untouched for six+ months and move forward from there. With the help of this site I know we can make it.

One of the problems I have is that, not being able to progress my build, and fired by this site, I can think of many ways in which I should have dome things differently in the build. Do I go for changes now or push to get SAV, then registration and enjoy the pleasure of driving the monster I've created? No need to answer that one, I'm going for SVA as soon as possible. Modifications will wait to the darker months, I intend to do just enough to get through SVA and then enjoy the experience. Actually, there are so many areas I would have done things differently in this build that it might be better to order a new kit. I think it would still be a 2B, or maybe I just like a challenge.

If the wife expects to see me during my first two weeks back in the UK, she'd better be prepared to meet up wiith me in the garage. NOTE TO BERNIE: Keep the garage door closed for at least the first month back in the UK!

Thanks for keeping me going guys, logging on to this site on a daily basis has enhanced the desire I have to get on the road.

Bernie.

:o Hey Jim what's wrong with bringing the wife? :p Careful she may read

cant be my turn for the break down i had my qouta in Wales.

Anyone who wants earplugs i will be selling them £1 a pair Sat or £2 on sunday.(price go's up as the demand increases).

See you all there, first show for my 2b, completed 7 week's ago and already 800 miles of fun, looks like i may have to up the insurance.

Mitch :D

Hi

Phoned them yesterday. Camping price's for Kit drivers £5 from noon Sat till Noon TUES. Passengers/non kit drivers £15 all weekend this includes show entrance. No booking needed and pay on gate.Or for day visitors, kit drivers free, passengers £8

Mitch

Guest Taffy Rob

Lovely job

I will be joining in the shenanigans, first rhocar official event sorta thing for me, so Ill go easy on you all. Hopefully the hood will have passed the sva and be registered by then, if not i'll just come in the modeo and bring the massive tent with duvet and fridge and stuff. Hang on, there cant be an advantage to not driving a hood can there???

p.s. d'you reckon i could bring my dog? he is well behaved and likes lager. what will them official type peoples say to that?

Guest Chris.A.

:) don`t see why you can`t bring the old dog , ( no I`m not going to crack that joke, Mr Stott, it might offend), SID used to bring his in the footwell of his ROBIN HOOD! He doesn`t want a fight after the first 8 pints, does he? or a shag?...........yer, bring him! :D we sound like we could get on. usually come home from Stoneliegh reaking of stale piss anyway.

P.S. bring your banjo, would go down well as we all know the words after a good soaking.

Military planners have often stated that a plan never survives first contact with the enemy. In my case, my plan to camp at Stonleigh this weekend did not survive first contact with the wife! She has decided it will be a good way to spend a day doing some family bonding and wants to make a family day of it at the show on Sunday or Monday, depending on weather.

So unfortunately that is the way it is to be. For me, no camping and no kit car at the biggest kit car show in the world. I am sure there are other benefits though. Somewhere.

I will still be coming up on Sunday or Monday so I will pop into the club stand and show my face.

Daz